Neutral Particle PID May 2007
Revision as of 10:21, 10 May 2007 by Mashephe
Please edit this page! Write answers to the questions. Add more questions. Also please link any relevant technical document or talk to this page so we can use it as a resource during discussions.
Neutral Particle PID Questions
- What is needed to to develop a MC with realistic efficiency and resolution for neutrals?
- appropriate detector/electronics response must be included in simulation
- an operational reconstruction algorithm must exist in the software framework
- simulation must include a realistic picture of the material in front of the calorimeters
- What input is needed to validate the detector response in the Monte Carlo? (Richard/Zisis/George)
- What is the status of the beam test analysis that can provide (some of) that input? (Blake/Zisis/George)
- What is the status of the reconstruct algorithm in the MC? (David/Zisis/Mihajlo)
- How accurate is the detector response in the Monte Carlo? (Richard/Mihajlo/Matt)
- it currently does not include photo-statistics, can/should this be improved
- will need tuning after beam test
- What is the status of the reconstruction algorithm in the MC?
- Is the material picture accurate?
- Are we considering alternate material descriptions?
- What is the status of these investigations?