OWG Meeting 09-Apr-2014

From GlueXWiki
Revision as of 06:26, 1 April 2015 by Marki (Talk | contribs) (Text replacement - "/halldweb1.jlab.org/" to "/halldweb.jlab.org/")

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search

Location and Time

Room: CC F326-327

Time: 1:30pm-2:30pm


(if problems, call phone in conference room: 757-269-6460)

  1. To join via Polycom room system go to the IP Address: (bjn.vc) and enter the meeting ID: 462509408.
  2. To join via a Web Browser, go to the page [1] https://bluejeans.com/462509408.
  3. To join via phone, use one of the following numbers and the Conference ID: 462509408
    • US or Canada: +1 408 740 7256 or
    • US or Canada: +1 888 240 2560
  4. More information on connecting to bluejeans is available.


  1. Announcements
  2. Collaboration Meeting May 12-14
  3. Major systems reports
    • Trigger
    • DAQ
    • Monitoring
    • Controls
  4. Gluon filesystem structure and code versioning (Sergey F.)
  5. Mantis Task Tracker

Previous Meeting



David L., Curtis M., Simon T., Sergey F., Bryan M., Chris C., Beni Z., Nerses G., Verdan G., Sean D., Sergey P., Dave A., Alex S., Mark D., Hovanes E., Dmitry R.


  • Synchronized timing of 4 CDC crates
  • Synchronization for FDC waiting for Beni to finish some work
  • Debugging cosmic trigger using full TS, GTP/SSP, CTP system
    • Using output of SSP plugged into TS (bypassing GTP)
  • Continuing the debugging of the Mast TI issues with William
    • seems to randomly switch to internal pulser
  • Chris would like to use playback to test certain features
  • Chris has posted final drawing of fibers
  • There was some discussion on the firmware version and disagreement as to what is installed
    • Bryan and Alex S. will discuss offline


  • Online CCDB has been installed by Dmitry at Beni's request who is using it for DAC values in the FADC125 modules
    • This is an alternate system to the one developed by the trigger group
  • Network fibers are being installed
    • Possibly done by the end of next week
    • Mark D. is the contact person
  • Started testing run conf. DB with DAQ system
    • Currently writing to separate SQLite files so subsystems don't interfere
  • Some issues with BCAL N
    • certain config files give junk or empty data
  • Run Control command line interface is now available
    • This plask but with some significant enhancements


  • RootSpuy development continues
    • TTree passing is now working and coupled into the Solenoid fast-DAQ system


  • Working w/ BCAL group on voltage controls
  • Some issues require Vanik who will arrive in a couple of weeks
  • Orlando is working on GUI for pulser controls
  • Nerses working on setup of Voltage alarms
    • MPODs, CAENs, ... (CAEN first)
    • Testing in next week or two
  • Issue with configuring BCAL voltage boards
    • This slipped through the cracks (Fernando's group and Hovanes thought the other was doing it)
    • Maintainer of this configuration is still not determined
  • Backup/Restore scheme for boards
    • Any change (including rebooting crate) requires voltages be downloaded prior to turning voltage on
    • Policy is what prevents someone from turning on voltage potentially damaging hardware

DAQ software organization

Sergey F. presented some plans on organizing the DAQ software (CODA mainly) and files to allow versioning.

Action Items

  • Create separate accounts on the gluon cluster for different detectors (David L. will ask Paul Letta)
  • Setup a wiki page with instructions on how to checkout and use his subversion-backed DAQ setups.