Oct 14, 2020 Calorimeter

From GlueXWiki
Revision as of 13:24, 16 October 2020 by Zisis (Talk | contribs) (Minutes)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search

Meeting Day: WEDNESDAY
Meeting Time: 11:00 a.m. JLab time

  1. To join via a Web Browser, go to the page [1] https://bluejeans.com/907185247.
  2. To join via Polycom room system go to the IP Address: 199.48.152.152 (bjn.vc) and enter the meeting ID: 907185247.
  3. To join via phone, use one of the following numbers and the Conference ID: 907185247.
    • US or Canada: +1 408 740 7256 or
    • US or Canada: +1 888 240 2560
  4. Upon connection all microphones are automatically muted. To unmute your mike on a Polycom or equivalent unit, enter *4. Unmuting on a computer is trivial as there is a microphone button than can be clicked.
  5. More information on connecting to bluejeans is available.

Participant Direct Lines

  • JLab Phone in CC L207 is 757-269-7084 (usual room)
  • JLab Phone: in CC F326 is 757-269-6460
  • Phone in the Regina Video-conference Suite is 306-585-4204
  • Athens Phone: in Christina's office is 011-30-210-727-6947

References

  1. FCAL HDFCAL log book
  2. BCAL HDBCAL log book
  3. Calibrations: 2020 Data Production; RunPeriod-2019-11 Validation; Offline Monitoring Data Validation

Goals for Calorimetry Group

  1. Determine preliminary photon reconstruction efficiencies as a function of E, phi and theta in data and simulation with a point-to-point precision of at least 5%.
  2. Measure systematics of pi0/eta mass calibration as a function of detector position to a precision of at least 5 MeV.
  3. Demonstrate agreement of photon reconstruction efficiency and resolution between data and simulation as a function of E, phi and theta to within 5%.

Action Items

  1. Short term CALWG Items
  2. Long term items
  3. Calorimeter work packages

Tentative Agenda

  1. Announcements:
  2. Action Items
    1. FCAL
    2. BCAL
  3. Monitoring
    1. BCAL LED
    2. BCAL (offline)
    3. FCAL (offline)
  4. Efficiency
  5. Reconstruction
  6. Simulations
  7. Any other business

Minutes

Attending: Tolga, Karthik, Elton, Matt, Sean, Rebecca, Varun, Colin, Zisis

  1. Announcements:
  • No dedicated Calorimetry talk at the Collaboration Meeting. Relevant presentations include Tasks force report.
  • Preparation for DNP talks is underway.
  1. Action Items
    1. Short term:
      1. Update FCAL channel constants (including dead channel info): status 'badchannels' (Su): running the plugin but output file is empty ... investigating. Sean is assisting Susan with Chandra's scripts and instructions.
      2. No other updates
    2. Long Term: no updates
    3. Work Packages:
      1. Karthik is looking again at the z-dependence with newer software versions and newer data including Rebecca's bggen sample. After DNP, progress is expected.
  2. Run Update: nothing to report
    1. FCAL
    2. BCAL
  3. Monitoring
    1. BCAL LED: not much new to report. SiPM channels 1118 and 1146 continue to be problematic. In the monitoring histos from the summer data, three other channels deviate from a ratio of one (PSPP/average for run), although they are different by 2%-4%. Lots of LED flucuations are visible, similar to what Sarah had observed in her GlueX-doc-4640 report.
    2. BCAL (offline)
      • Hot Channels M22 U S3 L4 and M37 D S4 L1. Slides shown by Elton, confirming Tolga's observations on this hot/dead channel. The efficiency plots do not go to zero because of how the showers devlop and energy collected in adjacent cells, but it dips to 75% or so. This channels has been set to zero in the MC. Also in this link it is unclear why ver 17 bat 8 is lower. No BCAL channels were found to be bad. It may be a CDC of trigger issue, although nothing is apparent from the log book. Elton will contact Sasha on the latter. Sean said that another possible culprit could be a readout window shif or a peak position shifts. Sean mentioned that this is a small drop (0.3%) but anyhow we still have one more monitoring launch to liik at it again.
    3. FCAL (offline):
      • Further work on identifying issues (Su), see sheet 'errorsduringanalysis', now with information 'Associated with event number = ...' when 'JANA ERROR>>FADC250 unknown data type (11) (0xd8000004)' occurs. This error might be related to the structure in the upper left quadrant edge of the monitoring plots 'FCAL Local Hit Time RMS and Hit Average Energy'. (See previous meeting). Sean mentioned that Mark contacted the fast electronics people. This error happens during a readout error, and is recurring in the same board(s). Zisis asked when this is seen and Sean said usually towards the end of a run. It could be related to equipment ageing and damage.
      • Combining the BCAL and FCAL monitoring issues in a summary table is in the works. (Su will send a draft to Tolga asap.)
  4. Efficiency: Matt commented that it is tricky to get the FCAL dead channels in the MC. Elton asked for updates on this work, which he can take to the Photon Reconstruction Task Force.
  5. Reconstruction: Tolga is working eta-prime->pi+pi-eta with the eta-> g (g) and looking at the reconstruction of the gamma. He is working with 1/5 of the available events. Next, he will map out the Spring 2018 data. The statistics for these decays and relevant numbers should be confirmed for the Collaboration Meeting Task Force report. Elto will also touch base with Churamani on this.
  6. Simulations: nothing to report
  7. Any other business
    • Colin is starting to look at the gains for the summer run. Scripts need to be revived, and he hopes to present a report at the next meeting. Matt reminded that the pedestals need to be looked at first. A discussion ensued on whether we should import the Primex method (procedure, daily gains, etc) for GlueX and consolidate our efforts. If yes, when should we start using it? Sasha and Igal will be contacted by Zisis.