Physics Division Software Review Preparation Meeting Nov, 5, 2012
To connect from the outside, please use ESNET
- ) ESNET: 8542553
- ) EVO: 147880
A conference has been booked under "GlueX Software Review Follow-up" from 3:00pm until 6:30pm (EDT).
- )To connect by telephone, dial:
- ) You can look up toll-free number at http://www.readytalk.com/intl
- ) US and Canada: (866)740-1260 (toll free)
- ) International: (303)248-0285 (toll call)
- ) enter access code followed by the # sign: 3421244#
- Final Report From Review Committee(PDF)
- Email from Rolf Ent - October 16, 2012
- As I understood the feedback, the agenda/plan is to report on the response to last June's software review, plans with rough timelines and current progress. We will also go over if anything beyond the obvious progress towards recommendations and timeline is expected from a next review.
- Quick Overview of the Report from the Review Committee.
- Response to the Review
- Future Acivity
From Rolf Ent
Dear all, Thanks for the short and concise updates on the current planning responding the earlier software review recommendations, and where each of the Halls is in their software preparations. Here in a bird's eye view what I believe are dates we would like to shoot for: 1) prefer any next software review rather later than earlier, not before September, partly to have the Summer to make progress to show user experience/training in new software. I will bring this up with Bob, Chip and Roy. 2) Halls A and C have a joint software subsession linked to the next Hall A collaboration meeting in December. 3) in view of the imminent large data challenge of Hall D and the anticiated february time scale for a data challenge of Hall B with "generation-3 tracking" with central detector and Kalman Filter, next inner-Hall software meeting preferentially not before March or so 4) For similar reasons, revisit computing requirements, associated needs, optimizations (disk vs. tape) etc. (second recommendation of Management and Computing section of review report) in March or so. We probably will ask Graham to work with Ole (Hall A), Dennis W (Hall B), Brad S (Hall C), and Mark I (Hall D) on this. I believe this is about it, as I understand it in any next review we can likely expect to have to show progress towards any recommendations and timeline, user training and experience of new software, computing requirements defined and vetted, and likely a report on CODA-3 status and tests. At least this is what I think, best regards, Rolf > The agenda/plan is to report on the response to last June's > software review, plans with rough timelines and current progress. We > will also go over if anything beyond the obvious progress towards > recommendations and timeline is expected from a next review. > > Best regards, Rolf > > p.s. Remember that there is a nice depository of info on > https://halldweb.jlab.org/wiki/index.php/2012_Software_Review