Pi0 Polarizability Meeting Apr 09, 2021

From GlueXWiki
Revision as of 13:07, 9 April 2021 by Elton (Talk | contribs) (Minutes)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search

Meeting Information

Meeting Time And Location

11:00 am ET (JLab time)

REMOTE

Connecting

You can connect using BlueJeans Video conferencing (ID: 949 429 419). (Click "Expand" to the right for details -->):

  1. Make sure you have created a BlueJeans account via your JLab CUE account using this link:

  2. Meeting ID: 949 429 419
    • (you may need to type this in, depending how you connect)

  3. If connecting via Web Browser: click this link (no passcode is needed):

  4. If connecting via iOS or Android App:
    • Use your JLab e-mail address to log in and then enter the meeting ID given above to join the meeting

  5. If connecting via Phone: Dial one of the following numbers and then enter the meeting ID above and hit "#" or "##"

  6. If connecting via Polycom unit:
    • Dial 199.48.152.152 or bjn.vc
    • Enter meeting ID above


Action Items

  1. Rory to read new draft of Sergey's paper
  2. Ilya will clarify questions with Sergey and then review document with Elton
  3. Beni will update the hdgeant4 geometry to the present design. Dimensions should come from Stephanie Initial draft of geometry is in hdgeant4

Tentative Agenda

  1. Announcements
  2. Action Items
  3. Theory Update
  4. Calculations by Sergey Gevorkyan
  5. Gevorkyan et al PRC 80 (2009) 055201
  6. Experiment Update
  7. CPP and NPP Readiness Review
  8. Trigger
  9. Other business
  10. Next meeting

Minutes

Attending: Mark, Beni, Rory, Elton, Ilya

  1. Announcements
  2. Action Items
  3. Theory Update
  4. Calculations by Sergey Gevorkyan
    • The linked document is the latest. Everyone should read and provide feedback to Ilya
    • Ilya has talked to Sergey and clarified some details
    • Ilya will make a couple of cross section plots for inclusion into the paper.
  5. Gevorkyan et al PRC 80 (2009) 055201
  6. Experiment Update
  7. CPP and NPP Readiness Review
  8. Hdgeant4 (Beni)
    • All geometry is in the current draft. However, the orientation of the MWPCs is not updated. Should be VHVHVV [upstream to downstream]. Also the drift time distribution is not realistic.
    • Mark: Should prioritize getting the orientation of the MWPCs correct; the drift time distribution (for wire chambers) is of secondary importance.
    • Rory: To start, one can take an average drift time and use a uniform velocity over the cell size. May use the FDC as a template.
  9. Trigger
    • As of a couple of weeks ago, Hai had started revising the TOF trigger firmware and will move to the testing phase.
  10. Other business
    • Andrew had posted plots of the elasticity, showing discrepancies between data and MC, for Bethe-Heitler pairs to the software group. Many have commented in response. One suggestion is that the non-linear correction in the FCAL is not accurate at high shower energies.
  11. Next meeting