Preparation for 2021 Run
Revision as of 18:57, 17 September 2020 by Somov
Below is a list of action items which we would like accomplish before the PrimEx Phase II run in Spring/Summer of 2021
- Aligning FCAL in the Hall -- Coordinated by Tim Whitlatch
- Moving FCAL platform by about 5 mm in X-direction to make sure that the beam goes through the middle of the FCAL hole (3x3 modules). The exact position of the platform should be confirmed by the alignment group
- Perform preventative replacement of FCAL PMT bases in 4 inner rings, which is critical for reconstruction of Compton events -- Support needed from Chris S., Nick S. Fernando B, Mark Dalton, Matt S.
- Several bases have already been replaced in this area. The status of FCAL bases in the 3 inner FCAL rings was provided by Colin and is presented in the link below
- Status of FCAL dividers in 3 inner rings
- Perform preventative maintenance of FCAL PMT bases, which draw excessive current -- Support needed from Chris S., Nick S., Fernando B., Mark D., Matt S.
- Diagnose and subsequently replace (reapair) bases which draw excessive current (typically larger than 15 mA), which is an indication of the possible failure of the base. Currently 200 - 300 FCAL bases exhibit such a big current.
- Refurbish CCAL active bases
- - manufacture 150 new active bases according to recent modifications by V. Popov and install them on the CCAL -- Chris S. Nick S., and Fernando B.
- - Chris has already prepared a new PCB design for the active base
- - ( replace bases: A.Somov, J.Crafts, V. Berdnikov )
- Increase LED light pulse on the CCAL LMS system
- - replace (use multiple LEDs) on the LMS system (A.Somov, J.Crafts, V. Berdnikov)
- - Driver(s) for multiple LEDs Chris Stanislav and Fernando Barbosa