Real Gamma GDH Experiment (REGGE)
GDH wiki page
To connect please do the following
- To join via a Web Browser, go to the page  https://bluejeans.com/7572697526
- To join via Polycom room system go to the IP Address: 18.104.22.168 (bjn.vc) and enter the meeting ID: 7572697526
- To join via phone, use one of the following numbers and the Conference ID: 7572697526
- Moderator code:7377
Dial Either +1 408 740 7256 or +1 888 240 2560 for US or Canada
- 5-pages summary for the GlueX physics whitepaper (2019)
- Current version on Overleaf
- Older version on DocDB
- Report from Garth Huber and Frank Nerling recommending to the GlueX board that the proposal be endorsed for review by the collaboration.
Misc. Tasks and questions
Look into the figure of merit of the experiment in the low energy, where the photon beam polarization is low. (To see if constructing an additional tagger is justified). (A. Deur)
- How well can we check beam charge asymmetry with BPMs?
Effect of a beam position-helicity correlation on the data. (M. Dalton)
- MC simulation:
- Produce background and main event rates.
What trigger(s) to use and what would be its efficiency? Should a beam hardener be used? Check rates quoted in the proposal (once we decide on beam hardener. Presently, the rates are estimated with a 1 MeV cutoff on the photon flux distribution. Determine detection efficiency vs photon energy.
- Optimize experimental setup
- Send decent version of the proposal to theorists (Simon,
- Update proposal with: (A. Deur)
- Add to the list of authors. For the non-GlueX collaborator, we have by-law D.1 All proponents of such proposed experiments must be members of the GlueX Collaboration, or have a plan approved by the EG and CB for joining the Collaboration and participating in ongoing GlueX experiments.
MC Simulation and set-up optimization
Minutes of meeting
2019: 09/17/2019 10/09/2019 10/23/2019 11/13/2019 11/27/2019