Difference between revisions of "Run Coordination Meetings: Fall 2014"

From GlueXWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
(Meeting General Agenda)
(Meeting General Agenda)
Line 30: Line 30:
 
<span style="color:red"> Oct 3rd 2014 meeting </span>  
 
<span style="color:red"> Oct 3rd 2014 meeting </span>  
 
# Report relevant updates from 7:50 and 8:00 daily MCC meetings:  
 
# Report relevant updates from 7:50 and 8:00 daily MCC meetings:  
#*Accelerator schedule:  Aiming to start beam restoration on Oct. 7th and start running 5.5 pass/10 GeV on Oct. 10th. This means locking the Hall around Oct. 13th.
+
#*Accelerator schedule:  Aiming to start beam restoration on Oct. 7th and start running 5.5 pass/10 GeV on Oct. 10th, with beam on tagger near the15th. This means locking the Hall around Oct. 13th.
 
# Report on Work in the Hall:
 
# Report on Work in the Hall:
 
#* The upstream platform is now a hearing protection area. Hall D is a radiation aread. OSL need to be worn everywhere in Hall D.
 
#* The upstream platform is now a hearing protection area. Hall D is a radiation aread. OSL need to be worn everywhere in Hall D.
#* There will be a power outage of at least 2h next week (precise date TBD).  
+
#* There will be a power outage in Hall D (tagger area is not concerned) of at least 2h next week (precise date TBD).
 +
#* Elton will give a SAF113 walkthrough this Wednesday.
 +
#* Accelerator will test the tagger magnet up to full current today or tomorrow. Be mindful of the magnetic field. Check the 5G boundary.
 
# Report on yesterday Hall D related events
 
# Report on yesterday Hall D related events
# [https://accweb.acc.jlab.org/hco/reports/overall-status?destinationId=9&systemId=&regionId=29&groupId= Hot Check OUT Status]  <span style="color:green"> 16% ready </span>; <span style="color:yellow">18% checked </span>; <span style="color:red">66% not ready  </span>
+
# [https://accweb.acc.jlab.org/hco/reports/overall-status?destinationId=9&systemId=&regionId=29&groupId= Hot Check OUT Status]  <span style="color:green"> 16% ready </span>; <span style="color:yellow">26% checked </span>; <span style="color:red">58% not ready  </span>
 
# Installation punch list (items in<span style="color:red"> red: must by Oct 6th  </span>; Blue: <span style="color:blue"> Done by 2nd Fall run</span>;  <span style="color:green"> Green: Nice to have it</span>
 
# Installation punch list (items in<span style="color:red"> red: must by Oct 6th  </span>; Blue: <span style="color:blue"> Done by 2nd Fall run</span>;  <span style="color:green"> Green: Nice to have it</span>
 
#*<strike> <span style="color:red"> Pair converter </span> </strike>
 
#*<strike> <span style="color:red"> Pair converter </span> </strike>
Line 45: Line 47:
 
#*<span style="color:red">Active collimator</span> -  
 
#*<span style="color:red">Active collimator</span> -  
 
#** <strike> Cables are terminated and in the Hall.  All hardware work is completed. </strike>
 
#** <strike> Cables are terminated and in the Hall.  All hardware work is completed. </strike>
#** Fully cabled now. Need to check if the cables are long enough when the collimator is translated.
+
#** Need to check if the cables are long enough when the collimator is translated.
 
#*<strike>  <span style="color:red">Target/Start Counter</span> </strike>  
 
#*<strike>  <span style="color:red">Target/Start Counter</span> </strike>  
 
#** <strike> The light leaks of the SC are largely fixed. SC is mounted back. </strike>
 
#** <strike> The light leaks of the SC are largely fixed. SC is mounted back. </strike>
 
#*<span style="color:red">Tagger shielding</span> - Wall (final labyrinth configuration) 50% complete. Should be complete by Oct 9th. Small walls to by erected soon after.
 
#*<span style="color:red">Tagger shielding</span> - Wall (final labyrinth configuration) 50% complete. Should be complete by Oct 9th. Small walls to by erected soon after.
 
#*<strike><span style="color:red">Pair Spectrometer Magnet remote control</span> -  Control is now working. Hysteresis procedure will be done by hand. </strike>
 
#*<strike><span style="color:red">Pair Spectrometer Magnet remote control</span> -  Control is now working. Hysteresis procedure will be done by hand. </strike>
#*<span style="color:blue">Pair Spectrometer Magnet Field readout</span> Hall probe is here and will be installed by Wes. Wes is working on cabling. The gui is done.
+
#*<span style="color:blue">Pair Spectrometer Magnet Field readout</span> Should be done by tomorrow. The gui is done.
 
#*<strike>Survey:</strike>
 
#*<strike>Survey:</strike>
 
#** <strike><span style="color:red"> FDC </span> </strike>
 
#** <strike><span style="color:red"> FDC </span> </strike>
Line 63: Line 65:
 
#*<span style="color:red">Vacuum</span> - On schedule.  
 
#*<span style="color:red">Vacuum</span> - On schedule.  
 
#*<strike><span style="color:red">Amorphous Radiators</span> -  FSD done and tested. </strike>
 
#*<strike><span style="color:red">Amorphous Radiators</span> -  FSD done and tested. </strike>
#*<span style="color:blue">Halo Counters</span> - All are installed and connected.
+
#*<span style="color:blue">Halo Counters</span> - All are installed but not yet connected to readout.
#*<span style="color:blue">Microscope</span> -  Microscope is in its correct position. Being cabled. Ground cable need to be installed.
+
#*<span style="color:blue">Microscope</span> -  Microscope is in its correct position. Alex B. is working on setting up the DAQ with Alex S for checkouts. Ground cable need to be installed.
 
#*<strike><span style="color:blue">Tagger crates</span> - Can now been readout. </strike> Will be removed on the 10th.
 
#*<strike><span style="color:blue">Tagger crates</span> - Can now been readout. </strike> Will be removed on the 10th.
#*<span style="color:blue">Hodoscope checks</span> - Nathan is testing the detectors and electronics with DAQ. 131 (out of ~200) counters have been checked directly with a scope. Nathan will continue to check the rest of them. Some signs of light leaks. 9 out of 131 counters have problems (1 not responsive, 8 with cabling problems) and need to be fixed.
+
#*<span style="color:blue">Hodoscope checks</span> - Nathan is testing the detectors and electronics with DAQ. 131 (out of ~200) counters have been checked directly with a scope. Nathan will continue to check the rest of them. Some signs of light leaks. 9 out of 131 counters have problems (1 not responsive, 8 with cabling problems) . Franz took them back to Catholic Univ. to fix them.
#* <span style="color:red">Radiation monitors</span> - Gamma and neutron probes ready. Readout gui to be made. Ion Chambers installed but one is not at the right location. This is being fixed. Witness SiPM baseline characterization: waiting for Sacha.
+
#* <span style="color:red">Radiation monitors</span> - Gamma and neutron probes ready. Ion Chambers installed. Witness SiPM baseline characterization to be done.
 
#*<span style="color:green">2nd sweep magnet. (2nd collimator aperture)</span> - not required for Fall run.  
 
#*<span style="color:green">2nd sweep magnet. (2nd collimator aperture)</span> - not required for Fall run.  
 
# Specific safety notice (from Tom/Tim/Mark): Tagger Hall: Be mindful of the wall construction work, in particular the forklift motions.
 
# Specific safety notice (from Tom/Tim/Mark): Tagger Hall: Be mindful of the wall construction work, in particular the forklift motions.

Revision as of 17:08, 6 October 2014

General information

Daily Meetings, 8:45am, Hall D conference room. Held by the Run Coordinator. Present Run Coordinator: Alexandre Deur

Connect Information

To connect from the outside by phone please do the following

1.) To join via a Web Browser, go to the page [1] https://bluejeans.com/660743227.

2.) To join via Polycom room system go to the IP Address: 199.48.152.152 (bjn.vc) and enter the meeting ID: 660743227.

3.) To join via phone, use one of the following numbers and the Conference ID: 660743227.

4.) The moderator code is 8394

Dial Either +1 408 740 7256 or +1 888 240 2560 for US or Canada

4.) More information on connecting to bluejeans is available. The old ESNET and SeeVough Information is archived here.

Specific instructions for connecting from JLab's Hall D conference room:

  • Turn polycon on if necessary (do it before turning the computer on)
  • With the polycon, place a call at 199.48.152.152
  • Press # to enable the polycom keypad, then enter the meeting id: 660743227 and #
  • You may have to unmute the microphone: #*4
  • Turn the computer on if needed

Meeting General Agenda

Oct 3rd 2014 meeting

  1. Report relevant updates from 7:50 and 8:00 daily MCC meetings:
    • Accelerator schedule: Aiming to start beam restoration on Oct. 7th and start running 5.5 pass/10 GeV on Oct. 10th, with beam on tagger near the15th. This means locking the Hall around Oct. 13th.
  2. Report on Work in the Hall:
    • The upstream platform is now a hearing protection area. Hall D is a radiation aread. OSL need to be worn everywhere in Hall D.
    • There will be a power outage in Hall D (tagger area is not concerned) of at least 2h next week (precise date TBD).
    • Elton will give a SAF113 walkthrough this Wednesday.
    • Accelerator will test the tagger magnet up to full current today or tomorrow. Be mindful of the magnetic field. Check the 5G boundary.
  3. Report on yesterday Hall D related events
  4. Hot Check OUT Status 16% ready ; 26% checked ; 58% not ready
  5. Installation punch list (items in red: must by Oct 6th ; Blue: Done by 2nd Fall run; Green: Nice to have it
    • Pair converter
      • The wire is installed. Tom measured the wire diameter without insulation to be 200 microns.
      • Chamber is closed and under vacuum, leak-checked and ready to go.
    • Pair spectrometer detector - Positioned on the stand. Survey is done.
    • Profile monitors -
      • The two profilers are now installed and surveyed.
    • Active collimator -
      • <strike> Cables are terminated and in the Hall. All hardware work is completed.
      • Need to check if the cables are long enough when the collimator is translated.
    • Target/Start Counter
      • The light leaks of the SC are largely fixed. SC is mounted back.
    • Tagger shielding - Wall (final labyrinth configuration) 50% complete. Should be complete by Oct 9th. Small walls to by erected soon after.
    • Pair Spectrometer Magnet remote control - Control is now working. Hysteresis procedure will be done by hand.
    • Pair Spectrometer Magnet Field readout Should be done by tomorrow. The gui is done.
    • Survey:
      • FDC
      • Collimator
      • Pair Spectrometer detector: finishing today.
      • Upstream Profiler in collimator cave.
      • Start counter: Survey should be done by the end of the day.
      • FCal: Still working on it. Should be completed today
      • CDC: Should be completed (confirmation?).
      • Microscope
      • Beam pipe section
    • Vacuum - On schedule.
    • Amorphous Radiators - FSD done and tested.
    • Halo Counters - All are installed but not yet connected to readout.
    • Microscope - Microscope is in its correct position. Alex B. is working on setting up the DAQ with Alex S for checkouts. Ground cable need to be installed.
    • Tagger crates - Can now been readout. Will be removed on the 10th.
    • Hodoscope checks - Nathan is testing the detectors and electronics with DAQ. 131 (out of ~200) counters have been checked directly with a scope. Nathan will continue to check the rest of them. Some signs of light leaks. 9 out of 131 counters have problems (1 not responsive, 8 with cabling problems) . Franz took them back to Catholic Univ. to fix them.
    • Radiation monitors - Gamma and neutron probes ready. Ion Chambers installed. Witness SiPM baseline characterization to be done.
    • 2nd sweep magnet. (2nd collimator aperture) - not required for Fall run.
  6. Specific safety notice (from Tom/Tim/Mark): Tagger Hall: Be mindful of the wall construction work, in particular the forklift motions.