Run Coordination Meetings: Fall 2014
Daily Meetings, 8:45am, Hall D conference room. Held by the Run Coordinator. Present Run Coordinator: Alexandre Deur
To connect from the outside by phone please do the following
2.) To join via Polycom room system go to the IP Address: 22.214.171.124 (bjn.vc) and enter the meeting ID: 660743227.
3.) To join via phone, use one of the following numbers and the Conference ID: 660743227.
4.) The moderator code is 8394
Dial Either +1 408 740 7256 or +1 888 240 2560 for US or Canada
Specific instructions for connecting from JLab's Hall D conference room:
- Turn polycon on if necessary (do it before turning the computer on)
- With the polycon, place a call at 126.96.36.199
- Press # to enable the polycom keypad, then enter the meeting id: 660743227 and #
- You may have to unmute the microphone: #*4
- Turn the computer on if needed
Meeting General Agenda
Oct 9th 2014 meeting
- Report relevant updates from 7:50 and 8:00 daily MCC meetings:
- Accelerator schedule: The probable date for locking the Hall is around Oct. 17th.
- Report on Work in the Hall:
- The upstream platform is now a hearing protection area. Hall D is a radiation aread. OSL need to be worn everywhere in Hall D.
- There will be a 2h power outage Friday at 7:30am in Hall D (tagger area is not concerned).
- Elton will give a SAF113 walkthrough today at 9:30am.
- Tim will give a solid target training Friday after the coordination meeting.
- Yi will give a solenoid training today after the coordination meeting.
- Hot Check OUT Status 19% ready ; 48% checked ; 33% not ready
- Installation punch list (items in red: must by Oct 6th ; Blue: Done by 2nd Fall run; Green: Nice to have it
The wire is installed. Tom measured the wire diameter without insulation to be 200 microns.
Chamber is closed and under vacuum, leak-checked and ready to go.
Pair spectrometer detector - Positioned on the stand. Survey is done. Profile monitors -
The two profilers are now installed and surveyed.
Active collimator -
Cables are terminated and in the Hall. All hardware work is completed.
The light leaks of the SC are largely fixed. SC is mounted back.
- Tagger shielding - Wall (final labyrinth configuration) almost complete. Both small walls are done. Need to add iron shielding near the photon photon dump.
Pair Spectrometer Magnet remote control - Control is now working.
- Pair Spectrometer Magnet Field readout Done, but the Hall probe reads only 1/2 the expected field.
Pair Spectrometer detector: finishing today.
Upstream Profiler in collimator cave.
Start counter: Survey should be done by the end of the day.
FCal: Still working on it. Should be completed today
CDC: Should be completed (confirmation?). Microscope
Beam pipe section
Vacuum - Done. Amorphous Radiators - FSD done and tested.
- Halo Counters - All are installed. The 8 in the Hall are successfully readout. The 7 in the tagger Hall are not readout yet. It is unsure that they will be ready for the 17th.
- Microscope - Microscope is in its correct position. Today, Alex B. will measure the dark current.
Tagger crates - Can now been readout.Will be removed on the 10th.
- Hodoscope checks - Nathan is testing the detectors and electronics with DAQ. All installed counters (about ~170) have been checked with a scope. Some signs of light leaks. Nathan fixed them. 9 out of 170 counters have problems (1 not responsive, 8 with cabling problems) . Franz took them back to Catholic Univ. to fix them.
- Radiation monitors - Gamma and neutron probes ready. Ion Chambers installed. Witness SiPM baseline characterization to be done today or tomorrow.
- 2nd sweep magnet. (2nd collimator aperture) - not required for Fall run.
- Specific safety notice (from Tom/Tim/Mark): Tagger Hall: Be mindful of the wall construction work, in particular the forklift motions. Solenoid training today (low field: 50A, but Hall worker should act as if it was full field.)