Run Coordination Meetings: Fall 2014
Daily Meetings, 8:45am, Hall D conference room. Held by the Run Coordinator.
To connect from the outside by phone please do the following
2.) To join via Polycom room system go to the IP Address: 126.96.36.199 (bjn.vc) and enter the meeting ID: 660743227.
3.) To join via phone, use one of the following numbers and the Conference ID: 660743227.
4.) The moderator code is 8394
Dial Either +1 408 740 7256 or +1 888 240 2560 for US or Canada
Specific instructions for connecting from JLab's Hall D conference room:
- Turn polycon on if necessary (do it before turning the computer on)
- With the polycon, place a call at 188.8.131.52
- Press # to enable the polycom keypad, then enter the meeting id: 660743227 and #
- You may have to unmute the microphone: #*4
- Turn the computer on if needed
Meeting General Agenda
Sept. 22nd 2014 meeting
- Report relevant updates from 7:50 and 8:00 daily MCC meetings:
- Accelerator schedule:
- most optimistic plan is to get beam in the injector on Oct. 6th.
- They are still investigating the cold box vacuum problem. Cold box has been warmed up.
- The Hall will be closed on Tuesday, Sept 23rd at 3:45pm for PSS work. It is likely to remain closed during the evening.
- Accelerator schedule:
- Report on yesterday Hall D related events
- Hot Check OUT Status
- Installation punch list (items in red: must by Sept 22nd ; Blue: Done by 2nd Fall run; Green: Nice to have it
- Pair converter
The wire is installed. Tom measured the wire diameter without insulation to be 200 microns.
- Chamber is closed but not under vacuum yet vacuum.
- Pair spectrometer detector - Positioned on the stand. Survey is still ongoing today.
- Profile monitors -
The two profilers are now installed. The upstream profiler (collimator cave) is reconnected.
- Software development in progress
- Active collimator -
Cables are terminated and in the Hall. All hardware work is completed.
- firmware and software work ongoing. Plexiglas shield should be ready today.
- Target/Start Counter -
The light leaks of the SC are largely fixed. SC is mounted back.
- Tagger shielding - to be installed next week or the week after, depending on the accelerator schedule. Will be mounted as later as possible.
Pair Spectrometer Magnet remote control - Control is now working. Hysteresis procedure will be done by hand.
- Pair Spectrometer Magnet Field readout Hall probe is here and will be installed by Wes. We should have a field reading for the commissioning.
1st profiler surveyed.Downstream profiler near beam dump to be surveyed at the end of the week.
- Start counter: Tuesday,
- FCal: Next week (Last to be surveyed)
- Pair Spectrometer detector: finishing today.
- Pair Spectrometer Harp: Need to be resurveyed. Should be done today.
- CDC: Should be surveyed in the middle of the week.
- Vacuum - On schedule
- Amorphous Radiators - Will be put on FSD by Oct. 1st. FSD switch is working. Cabling to be done today.
- Halo Counter - They are assembled now. Almost ready to go.
- Microscope - Now inside the tagger Hall with its electronics crate. Tests must be completed by Oct 3rd. Fibers will be lowered today. Then Tom will see into positioning it (there are some physical interferences)
- Tagger crates - Can now been readout. It is unclear at present that the could be in the trigger.
- Hodoscope checks - Nathan will test the detectors and electronics with DAQ. Alex S. is bringing him up to speed on the DAQ. 20 (out of ~200) counters have been checked directly with a scope. Nathan will continue to check the rest of them.
- Radiation monitors - The gamma probe in the collimator is installed. Readout gui to be made. The 2 gamma and the 1 neutron probes are in the Tagger Hall. About 30 min of work left. Waiting for the final positioning and shielding of the microscope before finalizing the work.
- 2nd sweep magnet. (2nd collimator aperture) - not required for Fall run.
- Pair converter
- Specific safety notice (from Tom/Tim/Mark):