Run Coordination Meetings: Fall 2014
Daily Meetings, 8:45am, Hall D conference room. Held by the Run Coordinator. Present Run Coordinator: Alexandre Deur
To connect from the outside by phone please do the following
2.) To join via Polycom room system go to the IP Address: 220.127.116.11 (bjn.vc) and enter the meeting ID: 660743227.
3.) To join via phone, use one of the following numbers and the Conference ID: 660743227.
4.) The moderator code is 8394
Dial Either +1 408 740 7256 or +1 888 240 2560 for US or Canada
Specific instructions for connecting from JLab's Hall D conference room:
- Turn polycon on if necessary (do it before turning the computer on)
- With the polycon, place a call at 18.104.22.168
- Press # to enable the polycom keypad, then enter the meeting id: 660743227 and #
- You may have to unmute the microphone: #*4
- Turn the computer on if needed
Meeting General Agenda
Sept. 24th 2014 meeting
- Report relevant updates from 7:50 and 8:00 daily MCC meetings:
- Accelerator schedule:
- Accelerator is optimistic about starting beam recovery in about 10 days. If so, it means that the Tagger Hall and Hall D will be locked in 2 weeks and our commissioning will start in 3 to 3.5 weeks from now (Sept. 24th).
- The Solenoid will be powered today (10A, very low field).
- Accelerator schedule:
- Report on yesterday Hall D related events
- Hot Check OUT Status
- Installation punch list (items in red: must by Oct 6th ; Blue: Done by 2nd Fall run; Green: Nice to have it
The wire is installed. Tom measured the wire diameter without insulation to be 200 microns.
Chamber is closed and under vacuum, leak-checked and ready to go.
Pair spectrometer detector - Positioned on the stand. Survey is done.
- Profile monitors -
The two profilers are now installed. The upstream profiler (collimator cave) is reconnected.
- Software development in progress
- Active collimator -
Cables are terminated and in the Hall. All hardware work is completed.
- Firmware and software work ongoing. Plexiglas shield should be finished today.
- Target/Start Counter -
The light leaks of the SC are largely fixed. SC is mounted back.
- Tagger shielding - Not proceeding smoothly due to lack of appropriate tools. Will be ready. Alternate plans are available.
Pair Spectrometer Magnet remote control - Control is now working. Hysteresis procedure will be done by hand.
- Pair Spectrometer Magnet Field readout Hall probe is here and will be installed by Wes. We should have a field reading for the commissioning.
Pair Spectrometer detector: finishing today.
1st profiler surveyed.Downstream profiler near beam dump to be surveyed Friday.
Start counter: Survey should be done by the end of the day.
- FCal: Tomorrow
- CDC: Surveyed should start tomorrow.
- Microscope: Possibly early next week.
- Vacuum - On schedule
- Amorphous Radiators - FSD done. Only remaining task is to test FSD.
- Halo Counter - They are assembled now. They will be installed and connected at the end of the week.
- Microscope - Now inside the tagger Hall with its electronics crate. Tests must be completed by Oct 3rd. Fibers will be lowered today. Then Tom will see into positioning it (there are some physical interferences with the hodoscope)
Tagger crates - Can now been readout.
- Hodoscope checks - Nathan will test the detectors and electronics with DAQ. Alex S. is bringing him up to speed on the DAQ. 88 (out of ~200) counters have been checked directly with a scope. Nathan will continue to check the rest of them. 4 out of 88 counters have problems (not responsive) and need to be fixed.
- Radiation monitors - The gamma probe in the collimator cave is installed. Readout gui to be made. The 2 gamma and the 1 neutron probes are in the Tagger Hall. About 30 min of work left. Waiting for the final positioning and shielding of the microscope before finalizing the work.
- 2nd sweep magnet. (2nd collimator aperture) - not required for Fall run.
- Specific safety notice (from Tom/Tim/Mark): The Solenoid will be powered today at 10A. Reminder: although it is a very low field, we have follow the same rules as if it were maximum field.