Run Coordination Meetings: Fall 2014
Daily Meetings, 8:45am, Hall D conference room. Held by the Run Coordinator. Present Run Coordinator: Alexandre Deur
To connect from the outside by phone please do the following
2.) To join via Polycom room system go to the IP Address: 188.8.131.52 (bjn.vc) and enter the meeting ID: 660743227.
3.) To join via phone, use one of the following numbers and the Conference ID: 660743227.
4.) The moderator code is 8394
Dial Either +1 408 740 7256 or +1 888 240 2560 for US or Canada
Specific instructions for connecting from JLab's Hall D conference room:
- Turn polycon on if necessary (do it before turning the computer on)
- With the polycon, place a call at 184.108.40.206
- Press # to enable the polycom keypad, then enter the meeting id: 660743227 and #
- You may have to unmute the microphone: #*4
- Turn the computer on if needed
Meeting General Agenda
Sept. 26th 2014 meeting
- Report relevant updates from 7:50 and 8:00 daily MCC meetings:
- Accelerator schedule:
- Accelerator is aiming to start beam restoration on Oct. 3rd and start running 5.5 pass/10 GeV on Oct. 7th. This means locking the Hall around Oct. 10th.
- Accelerator schedule:
- Report on Work in the Hall today
- Hall D is now a radiation aread. OSL need to be worn wherever you go in Hall D.
- Report on yesterday Hall D related events
- Hot Check OUT Status
- Installation punch list (items in red: must by Oct 6th ; Blue: Done by 2nd Fall run; Green: Nice to have it
The wire is installed. Tom measured the wire diameter without insulation to be 200 microns.
Chamber is closed and under vacuum, leak-checked and ready to go.
Pair spectrometer detector - Positioned on the stand. Survey is done.
- Profile monitors -
The two profilers are now installed. The upstream profiler (collimator cave) is reconnected.
- Upstream profiler is wired. Hovanes can read scalers from it. Downstream profiler not cables yet. Hovanes would like to use a source to identify the left/right and up/down signals.
- Active collimator -
Cables are terminated and in the Hall. All hardware work is completed.
- Plexiglas shield is finished. Trent will connect signals cable today and test the signal readout.
The light leaks of the SC are largely fixed. SC is mounted back.
- Tagger shielding - We should have the wall (final labyrinth configuration) mounted by Oct 10th.
Pair Spectrometer Magnet remote control - Control is now working. Hysteresis procedure will be done by hand.
- Pair Spectrometer Magnet Field readout Hall probe is here and will be installed by Wes. We should have a field reading for the commissioning.
Pair Spectrometer detector: finishing today.
1st profiler surveyed.Downstream profiler near beam dump to be surveyed Friday. Downstream profiler when located in front of Solenoid. Will be done next week after Havanes moves it there
Start counter: Survey should be done by the end of the day.
- FCal: Still working on it. Should be completed today
- CDC: Should be completed (confirmation?).
- Microscope: Possibly early next week.
- Vacuum - On schedule. The last piece of beam pipe (the one after the Pair Spec.) will be mounted today.
- Amorphous Radiators - FSD done. Only remaining task is to test FSD.
- Halo Counters - All are installed and connected, except the ones in front of solenoid.
- Microscope - Microscope is in its correct position. Needed to remove a few hodoscope segments to do it.
Tagger crates - Can now been readout.
- Hodoscope checks - The few hodoscope segments that have been removed to install the microscope will be placed back today. Nathan is testing the detectors and electronics with DAQ. 88 (out of ~200) counters have been checked directly with a scope. Nathan will continue to check the rest of them. 4 out of 88 counters have problems (1 not responsive, 3 with cabling problems) and need to be fixed.
- Radiation monitors - The gamma probe in the collimator cave is installed. Readout gui to be made. The 2 gamma and the 1 neutron probes are in the Tagger Hall. About 30 min of work left. Waiting for the final positioning and shielding of the microscope before finalizing the work. Dan Sexton has installed all the Ion Chambers yesterday. Alexandre D. will verify their positions today.
- 2nd sweep magnet. (2nd collimator aperture) - not required for Fall run.
- Specific safety notice (from Tom/Tim/Mark):