Run Coordination Meetings: Fall 2014
Daily Meetings, 8:45am, Hall D conference room. Held by the Run Coordinator. Present Run Coordinator: Alexandre Deur
To connect from the outside by phone please do the following
1.) To join via a Web Browser, go to the page  https://bluejeans.com/660743227.
2.) To join via Polycom room system go to the IP Address: 220.127.116.11 (bjn.vc) and enter the meeting ID: 660743227.
3.) To join via phone, use one of the following numbers and the Conference ID: 660743227.
4.) The moderator code is 8394
Dial Either +1 408 740 7256 or +1 888 240 2560 for US or Canada
4.) More information on connecting to bluejeans is available. The old ESNET and SeeVough Information is archived here.
Specific instructions for connecting from JLab's Hall D conference room:
- Turn polycon on if necessary (do it before turning the computer on)
- With the polycon, place a call at 18.104.22.168
- Press # to enable the polycom keypad, then enter the meeting id: 660743227 and #
- You may have to unmute the microphone: #*4
- Turn the computer on if needed
Meeting General Agenda
Oct 9th 2014 meeting
- Report relevant updates from 7:50 and 8:00 daily MCC meetings:
- Accelerator schedule: The probable date for locking the Hall is around Oct. 17th.
- Report on Work in the Hall:
- The upstream platform is now a hearing protection area. Hall D is a radiation aread. OSL need to be worn everywhere in Hall D.
- There will be a 2h power outage Friday at 7:30am in Hall D (tagger area is not concerned).
- Elton will give a SAF113 walkthrough today at 9:30am.
- Tim will give a solid target training Friday after the coordination meeting.
- Yi will give a solenoid training today after the coordination meeting.
- Hot Check OUT Status 19% ready ; 48% checked ; 33% not ready
- Installation punch list (items in red: must by Oct 6th ; Blue: Done by 2nd Fall run; Green: Nice to have it
The wire is installed. Tom measured the wire diameter without insulation to be 200 microns.
Chamber is closed and under vacuum, leak-checked and ready to go.
Pair spectrometer detector - Positioned on the stand. Survey is done. Profile monitors -
The two profilers are now installed and surveyed.
Active collimator -
Cables are terminated and in the Hall. All hardware work is completed.
The light leaks of the SC are largely fixed. SC is mounted back.
- Tagger shielding - Wall (final labyrinth configuration) almost complete. Both small walls are done. Need to add iron shielding near the photon photon dump.
Pair Spectrometer Magnet remote control - Control is now working.
- Pair Spectrometer Magnet Field readout Done, but the Hall probe reads only 1/2 the expected field.
Pair Spectrometer detector: finishing today.
Upstream Profiler in collimator cave.
Start counter: Survey should be done by the end of the day.
FCal: Still working on it. Should be completed today
CDC: Should be completed (confirmation?). Microscope
Beam pipe section
Vacuum - Done. Amorphous Radiators - FSD done and tested.
- Halo Counters - All are installed. The 8 in the Hall are successfully readout. The 7 in the tagger Hall are not readout yet. It is unsure that they will be ready for the 17th.
- Microscope - Microscope is in its correct position. Today, Alex B. will measure the dark current.
Tagger crates - Can now been readout.Will be removed on the 10th.
- Hodoscope checks - Nathan is testing the detectors and electronics with DAQ. All installed counters (about ~170) have been checked with a scope. Some signs of light leaks. Nathan fixed them. 9 out of 170 counters have problems (1 not responsive, 8 with cabling problems) . Franz took them back to Catholic Univ. to fix them.
- Radiation monitors - Gamma and neutron probes ready. Ion Chambers installed. Witness SiPM baseline characterization to be done today or tomorrow.
- 2nd sweep magnet. (2nd collimator aperture) - not required for Fall run.
- Specific safety notice (from Tom/Tim/Mark): Tagger Hall: Be mindful of the wall construction work, in particular the forklift motions. Solenoid training today (low field: 50A, but Hall worker should act as if it was full field.)