SoftwareReview November 1
Revision as of 17:13, 24 February 2017 by Marki (Text replacement - "http://argus.phys.uregina.ca/cgi-bin/private" to "https://halldweb.jlab.org/doc-private")
- 1 Connecting
- 2 Agenda
- 3 Planned GlueX/Hall-D Presentations
Software Review Planning Meeting Friday November 1, 2013.
- +1-866-740-1260 : US+Canada
- +1-303-248-0285 : International
- then enter participant code: 3421244# (remember the "#").
- or www.readytalk.com (and code without the #)
- Review agenda (update sent out Oct. 29, 2013)
- Summary of the All Hall Meeting
- Manpower Updates (Discussion)
- GlueX/Hall-D Computing Document| Written Material
- Timeline for presentations.
Planned GlueX/Hall-D Presentations
Morning Session (30 minutes)
- Overview Talk (October 31, 2013)
Overview Talk by Curtis
- [1-2] Title + Outline
- [3-5] GlueX Physics an Amplitude Analysis
- [6-12] Walk through major accomplishments. This includes
- (i) Defined Data Formats: EVIO, REST, PART (root) data format.
- (ii) December 2012 data challenge producing about 70% of the physics data we expect in 2016 with 10**7 running. What did we learn?
- iii) Job management/ Work flow exercises.
- (iv) Implementation of CCDB into analysis framework.
- (v) development of analysis framework to initially facilitate the PID upgrade work, and ultimately develop the proposal in June.
- (vi) High-level analysis tools: kinematic fitting, multivariate analysis, ....
- (vii) July 2013 Software Workshop.
- (viii) Code and algorithm improvements: Particle Identification, BCAL simulation and reconstruction, new tracking for spiraling tracks.
- (ix) Start work on Level-III trigger and algorithms
- (x) Online Data Challenge with level-III trigger.
- (xi) Conversion to GEANT4.
-  GlueX Running --- Phase I,II,III,IV, ...
- [14-17] Timeline to Physics with tasks
- (i) Data Challenges
- (ii) Calibration and Commissioning
- (iii) Physics Analysis Planning
- (iv) Level-3 Trigger Development
- (v) Testing of Work flow Developments.
-  Manpower and Resources
- [19-20] Summary/Conclusions
Afternoon Session (90 minutes)
Data Flow and Data Challenges by Mark
- Data Flow
-  Raw data taking -- write to buffer disk, EVIO format, transfer to tape library
-  Reconstruction -- on JLab farm, JANA framework, REST formatted output
-  Analysis -- REST to Root Tree option, REST to JANA option, application of Analysis Tools
-  Simulation -- on JLab Farm, on the Grid
- Data Challenges
- Data Challenge I
-  Goals -- produce and handle large data set, look for issues in scaling
-  Results -- 5.3 giga-events, massive data set (2 weeks of data rate, 3 months of physics data).
-  Lessons Learned -- tools need development (JLab CC may help here), need meta-data catalog
- Online Data Challenge
-  Goals -- look for bandwidth bottlenecks, measure performance of monitoring farm, test level 3 algorithm, transfer to tape library
-  Results -- to be researched
-  Lessons Learned -- to be researched
- Data Challenge II
-  Goals -- 10 Gevents, EM background, modern reconstruction
-  Status -- ongoing mini-challenges
- Data Challenge I
Reconstruction Development Highlights Since Last Review (David Lawrence)
- Spiral Tracks
-  Structure of tracking software
- [2-3] Performance of tracking software
- Resolutions, pulls
- Efficiency, rates
-  Motivation for new tracking code: Spiraling tracks
-  Alternate algorithm to handle spiral tracks
-  Performance of new algorithm
- BCAL Reconstruction
-  Barrel calorimeter specs and performance goals
-  Brief history of BCAL Reconstruction
- [9-10] Motivation for new code
-  performance improvement
-  Summary and outlook
Analysis Talk by Justin
-  Overview (phrase as response to previous report requesting end user experience)
-  Introduce software workshop as an example of a "complete" physics analysis
- [3-4] Event generator frameworks
- [5-7] Analysis Framework
- DANA and reconstructed objects
- Reaction setup example
- Kinematic fitting
- [8-9] "mini-DST" ROOT tree output
- Format of "PART" ROOT trees
- Simple analysis example with a TSelector
- [10-12] Multivariate Analysis
- BDT description
- BDT performance
- [13-17] Amplitude analysis
- sample fit for n3pi
- n3pi fit results
-  Summary