Difference between revisions of "SoftwareReview October 18"

From GlueXWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
(Connecting)
m (Text replacement - "http://argus.phys.uregina.ca/cgi-bin/private" to "https://halldweb.jlab.org/doc-private")
 
(4 intermediate revisions by 2 users not shown)
Line 24: Line 24:
 
# Graham's Computing Hardware Acquisition Schedule
 
# Graham's Computing Hardware Acquisition Schedule
 
# Discussion of Written Material
 
# Discussion of Written Material
#* [http://argus.phys.uregina.ca/cgi-bin/private/DocDB/ShowDocument?docid=2350 GlueX/Hall-D Computing]
+
#* [https://halldweb.jlab.org/doc-private/DocDB/ShowDocument?docid=2350 GlueX/Hall-D Computing]
 
# Timelines
 
# Timelines
 
# AOT
 
# AOT
Line 31: Line 31:
 
The meeting started with a brief discussion of the planned talks for the software review,
 
The meeting started with a brief discussion of the planned talks for the software review,
 
and then the note that was sent to Rolf on these activities. We then moved onto timelines
 
and then the note that was sent to Rolf on these activities. We then moved onto timelines
for getting the talks done. We agreed on the following timeline.
+
for getting the talks done. Mark also suggested the possibility of moving the description of the online data challenge from his talk into David's talk. We agreed on the following timeline.
 
* Next week we post a list of the slides that will be in each talk so we can make sure that the relevant topics are covered.
 
* Next week we post a list of the slides that will be in each talk so we can make sure that the relevant topics are covered.
 
* By November 8, we have first drafts of all four talks.
 
* By November 8, we have first drafts of all four talks.
 +
We then discussed the manpower tables that are included in the written material. These came from a spreadsheet that David put together in 2012 and David agreed to survey the collaboration again to try and updated the manpower situation, and then work on extending the original table to include 2015.
 +
 +
We then moved onto the written material. Curtis agreed to continue working on this for about a week, after which he would try to get input from people. However, if people have comments now, Curtis would be more than happy to incorporate them. Also, if people feel important things are missing, now is a good time to at least set up the placeholder for them.
 +
 +
One item that we did discuss was code validation. Curtis noted that there is some material in the written documentation on that now, but it might not be complete. Apparently, Simon has been running some tools on a semi-regular basis. Mark also suggested that we set up a new cron job that we can use to track the performance of the code. Possible speed, memory footprint, etc....
 +
 +
The last item discussed was Graham's request for a computing hardware acquisition schedule. Curtis noted that there is a rough timeline in the written documentation and Mark agreed to try to turn that into a proposed schedule based on expected computing needs.

Latest revision as of 16:13, 24 February 2017

Software Review Planning Meeting Friday October 18, 2013, 14:30-15:30.

2013 Software Review Page

Connecting

Phone:

  • +1-866-740-1260 : US+Canada
  • +1-303-248-0285 : International
  • then enter participant code: 3421244# (remember the "#").
  • or www.readytalk.com (and code without the #)

Attendees: Curtis Meyer, Justin Stevens, Mark Ito and David Lawrence.

Agenda

  1. Minutes of the last meeting
  2. Discussion of Presentations
    • Morning talk given by Curtis will present an overview of progress and will end with calibration and manpower summaries.
    • Afternoon I, given by Mark Ito will provide a picture of how the data flows from the experiment to the analysis. It will also discuss the completed and planned data challenges.
    • Afternoon II, given by David Lawrence will focus in on ~two of the major software updates since the last review.
    • Afternoon III, given by Justin Stevens will focus on how we do Physics Analysis, describe the Workshop, and Justin will serve as the software user.
  3. Discussion of Manpower
  4. Graham's Computing Hardware Acquisition Schedule
  5. Discussion of Written Material
  6. Timelines
  7. AOT

Minutes

The meeting started with a brief discussion of the planned talks for the software review, and then the note that was sent to Rolf on these activities. We then moved onto timelines for getting the talks done. Mark also suggested the possibility of moving the description of the online data challenge from his talk into David's talk. We agreed on the following timeline.

  • Next week we post a list of the slides that will be in each talk so we can make sure that the relevant topics are covered.
  • By November 8, we have first drafts of all four talks.

We then discussed the manpower tables that are included in the written material. These came from a spreadsheet that David put together in 2012 and David agreed to survey the collaboration again to try and updated the manpower situation, and then work on extending the original table to include 2015.

We then moved onto the written material. Curtis agreed to continue working on this for about a week, after which he would try to get input from people. However, if people have comments now, Curtis would be more than happy to incorporate them. Also, if people feel important things are missing, now is a good time to at least set up the placeholder for them.

One item that we did discuss was code validation. Curtis noted that there is some material in the written documentation on that now, but it might not be complete. Apparently, Simon has been running some tools on a semi-regular basis. Mark also suggested that we set up a new cron job that we can use to track the performance of the code. Possible speed, memory footprint, etc....

The last item discussed was Graham's request for a computing hardware acquisition schedule. Curtis noted that there is a rough timeline in the written documentation and Mark agreed to try to turn that into a proposed schedule based on expected computing needs.