Specification for active photon collimator system
Notice: this document is currently in draft form, and is expected to change over the coming weeks - Richard Jones, 2/7/2008
- Peak polarization: provide for beam-collimator alignment at the level required to maintain the polarization at the coherent peak within 1% of its value at nominal alignment while running at beam currents Ie > 100 nA.
- Peak tagging efficiency: provide for beam-collimator alingment at the level required to maintain the tagging efficiency at the coherent peak within 1% of its value at nominal alignment while running at Ie > 100 nA.
- Spot enlargement from beam motion: provide for virtual beam spot stability at the level to required to maintain peak polarization and tagging efficiency within 1% of their values at nominal alignment while running at Ie > 100 nA.
- Finding the beam during setup: provide x and y spot offset signals that can be used by the electron beam controls system to steer the beam into nominal alignment from anywhere within a circle of radius 2 cm centered on the collimator axis.
- Allowance for radiator spot moves: ability in the electron beam controls upstream of the radiator to put the center of the electron beam anywhere within ±5 mm of its nominal position at the radiator, while maintaining the virtual spot alignment at the collimator position within the tolerances indicated above. Spot moves might be requested as frequently as every 600 hours at the maximum beam intensity for GlueX.
- Alignment with GlueX target axis: ability to position the active collimator axis remotely so that, after beam-collimator alignment, the collimated photon beam passes within 1 mm of the GlueX target geometric axis.
- Secondary and alternate collimators: ability to remotely move the secondary collimator into alignment with the primary/active collimator, or to remove it during normalization runs; ability to exchange the primary collimator with an alternate larger-aperture primary collimator (> 1 m/E), and to remove all collimation out to the boundaries of the collimator cave beamline shielding, for tagger and beamline commissioning studies and tagging efficiency measurements.
Active collimator specification
|aperture diameter||5 mm|
|number of x readout channels||4|
|number of y readout channels||4|
|position resolution1||200 μm rms|