Tagged Beam Group Meetings 2013
Working Group Email List
Click here to sign up on the email list for the GlueX photon beam and tagger mailing list. From the same page you can also browse the archives of the working group email.
Instructions for Joining the Conference Call
The calls are organized by Richard Jones and occur approximately every two weeks. Instructions for joining the call are given below. These instructions have changed since 2007.
- Go to the evo entry page and press Start. If this is the first time you have used evo, you will need to register using the Register button in the middle of the main page, and respond to the email confirmation request. When asked what community you belong to, you should select "Gluex".
- Wait for the application to load. If prompted whether to start the Koala application using JNLP, answer yes. Eventually the main conferencing window of Koala will open up. Log in.
- Look for the "Gluex" tab displayed at the top of the upper frame. If there are other communities (eg. Universe) showing but not Gluex, you need to join the Gluex community. To do that, click the 5-heads icon at the lower left corner of the Koala window and find Gluex listed under "High Energy Physics". Select Gluex and the press the right arrow to add it to your list of communities. Once you have done this and pressed OK, a Gluex tab should appear at the top of the upper panel.
- Select the Gluex community tab in the upper Koala panel. A list of meetings currently underway is shown. Select the meeting entitled "GlueX Tagger" and enter. If the meeting is not shown, you might want to look for it in the Universe community. Sometimes it might end up there by mistake.
- You must enter the password "gluex" in order to be admitted to the meeting.
- As soon as you enter the meeting, the main panel in the Koala window shows all of the current participants as little icons. If they are transmitting video, their pictures will show up in the video window. The buttons along the lower left edge of the main panel allow you to turn on and off your receive/send video and audio channels. If you want to be able to speak as well as listen, you need a headset equipped with a microphone. If you have a built-in microphone in your desktop, you may turn it on to speak but do NOT leave it enabled during a conference call. Best practice is to use a headset/mic combination, or a desktop microphone with built-in echo cancellation.
- For this to work, you need to have registered your H.323 equipment with the ESNET electronic conferencing service (ECS) at some point in the past. Directions for how to register are given on the web pages at www.ecs.es.net. As a part of the registration process, you have received instructions on how to configure your H.323 unit to use the ESNET gatekeeper gk1.es.net.
- Call 8542553 on your H.323 unit.
- When prompted for a PIN, press #. You will be connected to the conference.
- EVO provides a telephone bridge for participants who wish to join evo meetings via telephone. The numbers are listed below.
- USA #1: 1-626-395-2112 (Pasadena, CA)
- USA #2: 1-631-344-6100 (Upton, NY)
- Switzerland: +41 22 76 71400 (Geneva, CH)
- Germany: +49 40 8998 1340 (Hamburg, DE)
- Slovakia: +421 55 234 2420 (Kosice, SK)
- After the EVO tone plays, you will be prompted to enter the meeting’s phone bridge ID number followed by the pound key. After that, you will have to enter the meeting phone bridge password. The values for this week's meeting are given below.
- telephone bridge id for this meeting: (see meeting page)
- telephone bridge password for this meeting: 6626