Fall 2016 GlueX Run
From Hall D Ops Wiki
- Experiment: GlueX E12-06-102 Production
- Planned tests:
- High-intensity GlueX test (invasive, 3 shifts)
- ComCAL(PrimeX) prototype test (parasitic)
- 2016/10/08 - 2016/12/21, 65 days; see Accelerator Schedule
- Information for shift takers
- Shift schedule
- Hall D run logbook (HDLOG)
- Beam energy: 11.632 GeV
- Solenoid on at 1350A.
- Beam current: CW 1 nA-2μA, 250 MHz frequency. See RSAD for the RadCon limitations.
- Regular running: 150 nA on 4.1·10-4 radiator
- High intensity tests: 3 shifts at 1 µA on 4.1·10-4 radiator
- Diamond radiators:
- J1a50 (50 μm - 4.1·10-4 R.L., 4×4 mm²) - old crystal - excellent rocking curve
- JD70-100 (58 μm - 4.8·10-4 R.L., 7×7 mm²) - new crystal - excellent rocking curve
- JD70-105 (47 μm - 3.9·10-4 R.L., 7×7 mm²) - new crystal - good rocking curve
- JD70-104 (17 μm - 1.4·10-4 R.L., 7×7 mm²) - new crystal - wider rocking curve - marginally usable
- Tagger quadrupole on (-4.2 A).
- Collimator hole: 5 mm diameter with ≈50 µm diamond radiators, may use 3.4 mm diameter with ≈20 µm diamonds
- Target: LH2 target
- Oct. 1st-Oct. 7th: Electron beam restoration
- Oct. 8th-Nov. 22nd: Hall D Fall run, part 1.
- Nov. 23rd-Nov. 27th: Thanksgiving break.
- Nov. 28th-Dec. 18th: Hall D Fall run, part 2 (includes 2 day of beam restoration).
- Dec. 19th-Dec. 21st: TBD
- Every Tuesdays: 12h of beam study. Every Thursdays, if necessary: 8h of RF recovery.
List of Run Coordinators and Physics Division Liaison
- Sat. Oct. 1 - Fir. Oct. 7 (7 days): Alexandre Deur (accelerator restoration)
- Sat. Oct. 8 - Wed. Oct. 19 (11 days): Alexandre Deur
- Wed. Oct. 19 - Wed. Nov. 2 (14 days): Mark Dalton
- Wed. Nov. 2 - Wed. Nov. 16 (14 days): Paul Eugenio
- Wed. Nov. 16 - Wed. Nov. 23: (7 days): Naomi Jarvis
- Wed. Nov. 23 - Sun. Nov. 27: (4 days): Thanksgiving shutdown: very likely RC not necessary
- Sun. Nov. 27 - Wed. Dec. 7: (10 days): Adesh Subedi
- Wed. Dec. 7 - Mon. Dec. 19: (12 days): David Lawrence
- Mon. Dec. 19 - Wed. Dec. 21: (2 days): If RC necessary, TBD
- PDL, Benedikt Zihlmann