Fall 2017 Spring 2018 GlueX Run
From Hall D Ops Wiki
- Experiment: GlueX E12-06-102 Production
- Planned tests:
- High-intensity GlueX test
- Align thin (17 μm) diamond
- TAC V-wire commissioning
- HV CDC and FDC scans.
- ToF non-linearity test.
- Fast raster beam characterization
- Muon chamber test (parasitic)
- TRD test (parasitic)
- 2017/12/04 - 2018/03/23, (with Dec. 18th-Jan. 8th Xmas break). 12 weeks; see Accelerator Schedule
- Information for shift takers
- Shift schedule
- Hall D run logbook (HDLOG)
- Beam energy: 11.632 GeV
- Solenoid on at 1350A.
- Beam current: CW 1 nA-2μA, 250 MHz frequency. See RSAD for the RadCon limitations.
- Regular running: 150 nA on 4.1·10-4 radiator
- Diamond radiators:
- J1a50 (50 μm - 4.1·10-4 R.L., 4×4 mm²) - old crystal - excellent rocking curve
- JD70-100 (58 μm - 4.8·10-4 R.L., 7×7 mm²) - new crystal - excellent rocking curve
- JD70-105 (47 μm - 3.9·10-4 R.L., 7×7 mm²) - new crystal - good rocking curve
- JD70-104 (17 μm - 1.4·10-4 R.L., 7×7 mm²) - new crystal - wider rocking curve - marginally usable
- Tagger quadrupole on (-4.2 A).
- Collimator hole: 5 mm diameter with ≈50 µm diamond radiators, may use 3.4 mm diameter with ≈20 µm diamonds
- Target: LH2 target
- Nov. 27th-Dec. 3rd: Electron beam restoration
- Dec. 4th-Dec. 18th: Hall D Fall run.
- Dec. 18th-Jan. 8th: Xmas break. (Solenoid will be ramped down, but kept cool.)
- Jan. 9th-Jan. 11th: Electron beam restoration
- Jan 12th-Mar. 23rd: Hall D Spring run.
- Every Tuesdays: 12h of beam study. Every Thursdays, if necessary: 8h of RF recovery.
List of Run Coordinators and Physics Division Liaison
- PDL, Benedikt Zihlmann