Π polarizability Meeting Aug. 16, 2012
We meet via Skype. The relevant Skype user names are:
- Rory Miskimen - rmiskimen
- Alexander Mushkarenkov - alexander_mushkarenkov
- Elton Smith - eltonssmith
- David Lawrence - aehsdad
Attendees: Rory M., David L., Sasha M., Elton S., Candace H.
- Need to look more closely at resolutions
- Invariant Mass
- Angular resolutions
Serguei Gevorkyan visit
- Rory talked to Eugene and he indicated we should be able to invite Serguei
- Timescale is couple of months starting in Jan. or Feb.
- Need paperwork on JLab side to get started (MOU)
- Elton will take lead on this
- Simulation is basically where it was at begining of July before he went on vacation
- GlueX software is installed and working on his laptop
- Will initially work to reproduce histograms Dave made for LOI
- (will circulate results via e-mail as soon as they are obtained)
- When point is reached where higher statistics are required that
- exceed capability of laptop, JLab computers will be used.
- Rory sent out the Fortran code for his generator to Sasha and Dave some time ago, but it has not been run by them yet
- Dave will try to compile and run the code. He will contact Rory if issues are encountered
- A few questions about the content of the ROOT file Dave sent her
- (one contains reconstructed and generated values, the other only generated values)
- Dave will send Candace an example macro for running through all entries in a TTree. This can be used as a basis for a macro that calculates Wpipi from the pion 3-momenta.
Rory will be gone next week. We plan to meet again in two weeks on Thursday Aug. 30th at 14:00 EST.
- Reproduce histograms made for LOI (Sasha)
- Compile and run Rory's event generator (David)
- Send example ROOT macro for TTree process to Candace (David)
- Reproduce Wpipi plot using generated 3-momenta (Candace)