Π polarizability Meeting Aug 18, 2021
Meeting Time And Location
10:00 EDT (JLab time) Weekly Meeting
REMOTE during Covid-19
You can connect using BlueJeans Video conferencing (ID: 949 429 419). (Click "Expand" to the right for details -->):
- Make sure you have created a BlueJeans account via your JLab CUE account using this link:
- http://jlab.bluejeans.com (You should only need to do this once)
- Meeting ID: 949 429 419
- (you may need to type this in, depending how you connect)
- If connecting via Web Browser: click this link (no passcode is needed):
- If connecting via iOS or Android App:
- Use your JLab e-mail address to log in and then enter the meeting ID given above to join the meeting
- If connecting via Phone: Dial one of the following numbers and then enter the meeting ID above and hit "#" or "##"
- Dial: (408) 740-7256 (US or Canada only)
- or, List of International Numbers
- If connecting via Polycom unit:
- Dial 220.127.116.11 or bjn.vc
- Enter meeting ID above
Present: Alex Austregesilo, Mark Ito (chair), David Hornidge, Ilya Larin, David Lawrence, Naomi Jarvis, Ebode Onyie, Andrew Schick, Simon Taylor
AI and CDC HV Test, Naomi
- Use AI to stabilize chamber gain
- Employ more variables than just atmospheric pressure, e.g., beam flux
- Expect changes of ±20 V
- Changes only at the start of run
- Changes must be approved by shift person
- In addition to dE/dx, time-to-distance relationship can change with pressure
- Will come back at a future meeting to give more complete exposition
- Preview her slides here.
BH Generator Comparisons, Andrew
- Compares Richard's generator to Rory's. See his slides here.
- Generally good agreement, differences in the details.
- Asymmetry in azimuthal distribution between 0-π vs. π-2π visible in Richard's model, similar to data.
Plugin for π/μ studies with muon chambers, Andrew
- Working on it, will pass data to David L. and Kishan.
Chamber Testing at JLab, Alex
- Taking data for a week now, 40 million events collect thus far
- Albert will be analyzing data
- Andrew has passed system for decoding EVIO chamber data from David L. from 2015 on to Albert
Cable shielding sleeve grounding, Alex
- Asked about plan for grounding of chambers at JLab
- In advance of coming to JLab next week, Andrew will ask Rory about the scheme. He may be doing the job himself when he arrives.
Next Meeting Time, All
We agreed to meet in a week at 10 am again.