Π polarizability Meeting July 1, 2016
Meeting Time And Location
10:30 EST (JLab time)
You can connect using BlueJeans Video conferencing (ID: 949 429 419). (Click "Expand" to the right for details -->):
- Make sure you have created a BlueJeans account via your JLab CUE account using this link:
- http://jlab.bluejeans.com (You should only need to do this once)
- Meeting ID: 949 429 419
- (you may need to type this in, depending how you connect)
- If connecting via Web Browser: click this link (no passcode is needed):
- If connecting via iOS or Android App:
- Use your JLab e-mail address to log in and then enter the meeting ID given above to join the meeting
- If connecting via Phone: Dial one of the following numbers and then enter the meeting ID above and hit "#" or "##"
- Dial: 1 888 240 2560 (US or Canada only)
- or, List of International Numbers
- If connecting via Polycom unit:
- Dial 126.96.36.199 or bjn.vc
- Enter meeting ID above
- Previous meeting: Jun. 7, 2016
- FCAL Platform
- MWPC Transport Cart (Andrew, Matt)
- MWPC Construction(Rory)
- π+π- simulation (Elton)
- CPPsim (David)
- Next meeting
Attendees: Rory M. (chair), David L., Elton S., Andrew S., Mark D., Ilia L., Serguei G.
- Chambers accidentally set 500V too high in lab. No obvious damage but brief procedure review will be done.
- Ilia (in attendance) will officially start with UMass on Aug. 25th (delayed due to visa issues)
- Bobby attended G4 workshop last week at MIT. Will be going to JLab in a couple of weeks and will work on simulation.
- Initial design for cart to hold and transport MWPC was shown.
- These are needed because the carts weigh a lot (couple of hundred pounds each) and have fragile electronics or gas couplings on every side and so must be held a couple of inches off the ground.
- Considering using these for transport to JLab as well since a similar structure will be needed.
- HV boards have been attached to frame of full scale prototype
- Al plate gouges smoothed out to make surface smooth to the touch
- Machinist currently cutting grooves into G10. Some delays after first piece.
- Elton: FDC had to paint epoxy in grooves to prevent gas leaks
- Rory spoke with Lubomir about that and had an understanding of technique. Will first attempt to polish grooves to see if that will suffice.
- Wire Stringing:
- Using long threaded rod with thread pitch that is multiple of 1/10"
- Typical threaded rod has poor accuracy over long lengths
- More accurate to cut than to extrude (most are extruded)
- Rod bows some under its own weight. Possible to prevent with a brace in the center
- Looking for manufacturer willing to produce only a 1 or 2 rods
- Elton simulated events produced by Justin's ρ -> π+π- generator
- Generator required AmpTools package
- Configuration files documented in e-log entry (linked in agenda above)
- Currently configured for proton target with Coherent photon peak at 9GeV. Will update for future studies
- David showed comparison of CPPsim (GEANT 4) output with the hdgeant (GEANT 3) simulation
- Reasonable agreement for TOF and FCAL
- Some fine structure doesn't match, but broad structure does
- FMWPC absorber needs to be verified (only present in CPPsim)
The next meeting is scheduled for Fri. July 15th at 9:30 am JLab time