Π polarizability Meeting Nov 9, 2012
We meet via Skype. The relevant Skype user names are:
- Rory Miskimen - rmiskimen
- Alexander Mushkarenkov - alexander_mushkarenkov
- Elton Smith - eltonssmith
- David Lawrence - aehsdad
some phone numbers if needed:
David: (757) 269-5567 Rory: (413) 545-2480
- Previous meeting: Nov 2, 2012
- Acceptance vs. z (David)
Attendees: Rory M.(chair), Sascha M., David L.
Rory will be out of town next week. The following week is the day after Thanksgiving so we won't meet again until Nov. 30th.
- Rory has been in communication with Richard Jones. He pointed him to a plot in the CDR (ch. 4) that shows polarization dependance on energy. Near the endpoint, it rises roughly linearly with decreasing energy.
- Preliminary cross-section calculations for Primakoff look like a roughly linear dependence of the integrated cross-section on Energy (despite the E^4 dependence of the differential cross-section)
- David showed plot of acceptance of pi+pi- events as function of vertex location with the vertex constraint turned off.
- Will re-run with the vertex constraint turned on
- (will also need to change geometry to include Pb target, but not the LH2 target)
- Some features are being added to the Hall-D simulation to help with tracking the geometry. This should make theses types of studies less error prone.
- Sascha had some trouble with compiling the Hall-D software after updating last week. After updating to the latest code today though, things compiled again.
- He was able to reproduce the plots David showed last week.
- Verify linear dependence of Primakoff cross-section with energy (Rory)
- Re-run vertex acceptance simulation with vertex constraint turned on (David)