Π polarizability Meeting Oct 14, 2019
Meeting Time And Location
09:00 EST (JLab time)
You can connect using BlueJeans Video conferencing (ID: 949 429 419). (Click "Expand" to the right for details -->):
- Make sure you have created a BlueJeans account via your JLab CUE account using this link:
- http://jlab.bluejeans.com (You should only need to do this once)
- Meeting ID: 949 429 419
- (you may need to type this in, depending how you connect)
- If connecting via Web Browser: click this link (no passcode is needed):
- If connecting via iOS or Android App:
- Use your JLab e-mail address to log in and then enter the meeting ID given above to join the meeting
- If connecting via Phone: Dial one of the following numbers and then enter the meeting ID above and hit "#" or "##"
- Dial: (408) 740-7256 (US or Canada only)
- or, List of International Numbers
- If connecting via Polycom unit:
- Dial 220.127.116.11 or bjn.vc
- Enter meeting ID above
Attending: Elton, Eugene, Tim
- Previous meeting: Oct 9, 2019
- Link to CPP update at collaboration meeting
- We reviewed slides from the CPP update at the collaboration meeting
- Trigger: Estimates indicate the TOF trigger rates will be manageable. We would like to do a test this fall to verify rates at the nominal location.
- MWPC construction: is on track for completion this year.
- Design effort: Concept for "incursion" into the dark box seems workable.
- Tim's estimates include designer (27 weeks), engineering (11 weeks) and 9 weeks installation. These estimates will to refined with actual design.
- Stephanie (designer) will wrap up her projects this fall. We could start bi-weekly meetings on mechanical support in Jan.
- Tim would support the design with some mechanical calculations.
- Eugene: Readiness Reviews will be conducted following jeopardy PAC next summer and include their feedback. For the ERR, we need to be "as ready as possible"
- Design/engineering effort: Includes how to support steel on platform; stability of steel; support of MWPCs; installation of steel and MWPCs into position; shape of steel
- Possible running schedule: Install one summer down; run during fall; leave in place for GlueX run in spring (cannot move forward platform); remove assembly following summer.
- Simulation projects: optimize location of target; size/shape of Pb lead shield; size/shape of steel absorber; consider effect of possible steel magnetization;
- Next meeting