April 22, 2021 CPP Design Meeting
Meeting Time and Place
Thursday April 22, 2021, 3:30pm Bluejeans https://bluejeans.com/465620466
- Present - Elton, Dave, Stephanie, Ilya, Rory, Mark S, Beni, Simon, Mark I
- Minutes from last meeting https://halldweb.jlab.org/wiki/index.php/April_08,_2021_CPP_Design_Meeting
- Microscope move
- Lead Configuration
- We need separate gas system from CDC
- Pre-mixed bottles $316 each and available in 2 weeks notice - Argon 12 pack cost $1.1K, CO2 cost $300 ea. so it would be a little cheaper to use existing gas. Setup is pretty straight forward.
- New mixing system would require mixing tank in already cramped gas shed
- Borrowing from CMU would need to meet all JLAB pressure system requirements including certifications for components. How big and is there room in our gas shed?
- Plan for bringing/checking chambers from UMASS
- Design/Fab/Procurement status
- Fcal platform mods
- Things to work out
- Gas system, manifold/bubblers (Beni has some)
- Complete structural analysis
- Develop Detailed installation plan
- Develop Design/operational/Maintenance Requirements
- Modified US vacuum system
- Solid target installation
- Documentation for ERR
- Microscope move
Minutes and Action Items
- Microscope will be moved to nominal position in between vacuum chamber stand. Should be no issues.
- Discussed gas system - how to validate premixed gasses?
- We will use premix gas (90/10 Ar/CO2) for test and in hall
- Rotometer (manual)needed for all 6 chambers about 5 cc/s each
- Rory will be bringing 4 chambers dow the end of May
- Elton to check into requirements for personnel coming from UMASS
- Beni wishes to do the chamber testing in EEL 126. He will take care of the electronics needed and start writing an OSP
- Scot is ordering or has the components (regulators, flowmeters, relief valves, filters, tubing, etc). The same components will be used on the test setup and in the hall.
- Rory stated that we will need about 24 hours of flow before testing the chambers.
- It is desired to have a helium bag inside the CDC (Tim - later)
- Still need to work on the target (Tim - later)
- Ilya had no more to present on lead absorbers - plan to machine 90 degree edge