August 14, 2015 PID Upgrade
GlueX PID Upgrade Meeting
Friday, August 14, 2015
11 am, EDT
For those people at Jefferson Lab, the meeting will be in room F326
Connection Using Bluejeans
- To join via Polycom room system go to the IP Address: 220.127.116.11 (bjn.vc) and enter the meeting ID: 846453895.
- To join via a Web Browser, go to the page  https://bluejeans.com/846453895 .
- To join via phone, use one of the following numbers and the Conference ID: 846453895
- US or Canada: +1 408 740 7256 or
- US or Canada: +1 888 240 2560
- More information on connecting to bluejeans is available.
- Focusing optics and mirror status (John/Mike)
- Mechanical structure and shipping crate (Matt) Figures
- Readout (Justin)
- Planning for October review (All)
Attending: Mike, John, Cristiano (MIT), Curtis (CMU), Matt, Justin (JLab)
Mechanical structure and shipping crate (Matt) Figures
- Matt reviewed some figures of the support structure design that John F has been developing at IU.
- We spent most of the meeting discussing the status and plans for the TDR
- We agreed to try and have completed sections submitted to svn over the weekend. Mike will start editing the complete document early next week and will followup on list with questions.
- The goal is to have a draft for the internal GlueX review by the end of next week. So far Joe, Carsten and Dave Mack have agreed to serve as reviewers.
After Friday's meeting I talked with Patrizia Rossi about the "Program Management" aspect of the review, and she provided some documents for guidance.
- Project Management talk from the initial RICH review
- Project Management document finalized ~6 months after the initial RICH review
- A lot of the aspects will be similar to what we need, but the pieces we probably need to focus on for the DIRC review are:
- Project timeline with well defined milestones and contingencies (eg. when will the bar boxes be transported from SLAC?)
- Budget for each fiscal year (and maybe quarterly)