August 30, 2013 Installation
Meeting Time and Place
Friday, August 30, 2013 at 1:30 PM At Jefferson Lab, the meeting will be held in F326
To connect from the outside, please use ESNET
- ) ESNET: 8542553
- )To connect by telephone (supported on request only) dial:
- You can look up toll-free number at http://www.readytalk.com/intl
- US and Canada: (866)740-1260 (toll free)
- International: (303)248-0285 (toll call)
- enter access code followed by the # sign: 3421244#
You can view the computer desktop in the meeting room at JLab via the web.
- Go to http://esnet.readytalk.com
- In the "join a meeting" box enter the Hall D code: 3421244
- Fill in the participant registration form.
Up to GlueX/Hall-D Installation Meetings
Action Items From Last Meeting
- Magnet Status
- Impact of Magnet work on installation.
- Updates to the Mechanical Installation Schedule ( Latest Rendition of Install Schedule) (Tim)
- Electronics Installation Schedule (Fernando) [| Schedule]
- Trigger and DAQ needs during installation and commissioning.
- Installation Updates (Not a construction report)
- Counting House Infracstructure
- Trigger and DAQ Installation
- Slow Control Installation
- Tagger Magnet Installation
- BCAL Installation
- FCAL Installation
- FDC Installation
- CDC Installation
- TOF Installation
- Start Counter Installation
- Microscope Installation
- Tagger Array Installation
- Pair Spectrometer Installation
JLab, FIU, FSU, Regina, CMU, IU
Magnet (Eugene): Technicians are working on repairing two leaks. One is in the vacuum vessel and one is in the nitrogen volume in coil 4. The leak in the nitrogen volume is in not accessible but it is small so it will be left as is. The other leaks are only accessible from inside the bore. They will hopefully be fixed soon. It seems there is no major effect on the revised schedule for installation that is posted by Tim.
Eugene: The final rebaselining of the schedule is underway.
Fernando (Electronics): Many activities need to take place once the BCAL is inserted. There is a lot of mechanical work that needs to be done before cabling can begin. Fernando's estimate is about a one month delay in electronics installation.
Elliot (DAQ, Controls): No pressing issues on DAQ installation. Next tasks are finalize the cable tray design so that the cable lengths are determined.
Alex (Tagger Magnet): Tagger magnet mapping will start at the end of September. Delay due to modifying mapper arm to accommodate larger area of mapping.
Eugene (BCAL): Final survey today and maybe installation next week. It is 75% equipped with readout wedges. The upstream end is about 100% equipped and the downstream end is 50% equipped.
Matt (FCAL): Cabling the upper half is now underway. Additional cable trays will be needed since existing cable trays are full.
Lubomir (FDC): Concerned about infrastructure such as cooling system and chilled water that are needed for the installation in addition to the gas system. There is also a need for an air dryer.
Curtis (CDC): Will use common infrastructure that is in place for FDC.
Sascha (TOF): Shipping crates have been developed for TOF modules. Testing plan is developed
Alex (Microscope): on schedule
Alex (Tagger Array): two month delay - counters installed in January for the first time.
Alex (Pair Spectrometer): low granularity counters ready to be installed; high granularity ones in December or January. Some discrepancy with Tim's schedule. Tim's schedule needs updated.