BCAL Reconstruction Meeting 2013-03-07
Teleconference Time: 11:00 a.m. EST
- ESNET (Number is 8542553) and EVO session (GlueX Calorimetry meeting room)
- Phone connection only upon request.
- +1-866-740-1260 : US+Canada
- +1-303-248-0285 : International
- then enter participant code: 3421244# (remember the "#").
- or www.readytalk.com (and code without the #)
Participant Direct Lines
- JLab Phone: in CC F326 is 757-269-6460 (usual room)
- JLab Phone in CC L207 is 757-269-7084
- Phone in the Regina Videoconference Suite is 306-585-4204
- None; this was the first Reconstruction Meeting in 2013
- Status Quo (Will Levine)
- Any other business
Attendees: David Lawrence (JLab), Will Levine (CMU), Andrei Semenov, Zisis Papandreou (Regina)
- Announcements: None
- Will presented the status quo of the reconstruction showing the KLOE amd Matt branches and explaining where the FADC and separate TDC info will be processed.
- The FADC will be operated in pulsed mode. Matt's paper shows the FPGA implementation. FADC timing will be matched up with F1 TDCs for a sanity check. Note that the FADC has lower threshold than the F1's.
- Action item: Do we need time-walk on FADC timing? (David)
- The Sampling fraction work should be added as the first step on point 2 of slide 3. As presented, the order of the actions was not sequential.
- The 2D plots on slides 5 and 6 were fit using slices. Adding another fractional term c'/(E-c3')^c2'may help the fits. Action item for Will.
- David to Andrei: should we fit the mean or peak? Andrei: the mean as this results in symmetric spectra.
- Action item: show plots with timewalk correction applied (Will).
- Will pointed us to weird lumps (small yellow dots) on slide 4, at TDC=25, 23.5. What are these?
- Slide 8 shows spikes in the spectrum. What is causing this? PossionD was used. Check this (David, Andrei, Will). David thinks they are somehow related to the number of photoelectrons procedure.
- Will: does the ADC max out at 4096? Do we have 12 bits or more (like an overflow bit). Action item: David.
- Will will implement numbers in CCDB.
- No other business.