BCAL Reconstruction Meeting 2013-04-18
Teleconference Time: 11:00 a.m. EST
- ESNET (Number is 8542553) and EVO session (GlueX Calorimetry meeting room)
- Phone connection only upon request.
- +1-866-740-1260 : US+Canada
- +1-303-248-0285 : International
- then enter participant code: 3421244# (remember the "#").
- or www.readytalk.com (and code without the #)
Participant Direct Lines
- JLab Phone: in CC F326 is 757-269-6460 (usual room)
- JLab Phone in CC L207 is 757-269-7084
- Phone in the Regina Video-conference Suite is 306-585-4204
- Review Will's list: BCAL_Reconstruction_Issues
- Review David's proposal (see BCAL Reconstruction Meeting 2013-04-04 minutes)
- Action Items
- Update on Andrei's note "Reconstruction of Shower Position with Amplitude Ratio" GlueX-doc-2196
- Any other business
Attendees: David, Beni (JLab), Will Levine (CMU), Andrei, Zisis (Regina)
- Action Items: no updates.
- Andrei's amplitude ratio: Andrei updated the method by considering a double-exponential fit to the data. This corrected the 'miaslignment' of the spectra at the two trigger locations near the ends of the module. Andrei assumed a short component of the attenuation length to be 60cm and the relative strength between short and long to be k=0.2. Zisis added that from the QA of the fibre measurements these numbers should be 75 cm and 0.3, respectively. The conclusions from this work is that the amplitude ratio provides valuable information towards the definition of the z-coordinate of the hit/shower and should be exploited in addition to timing information. The z-coordinate resolution extracted from the amplitude method scales with energy deposition. David brought up the issue of sloped tracks through the calorimeter. Andrei responded that these should benefit from the amplitude method. Work is ongoing on this topic.
- Sampling fraction implementation: Andrei asked David to hold off on implementing this as he needed to run a few more checks.
- No other business.