BCAL Reconstruction Meeting 2013-06-27
Teleconference Time: 11:15 a.m. EDT
- ESNET (Number is 8542553) and EVO session (GlueX Calorimetry meeting room)
- Phone connection only upon request.
- +1-866-740-1260 : US+Canada
- +1-303-248-0285 : International
- then enter participant code: 3421244# (remember the "#").
- or www.readytalk.com (and code without the #)
Participant Direct Lines
- JLab Phone: in CC F326 is 757-269-6460 (usual room)
- JLab Phone in CC L207 is 757-269-7084
- Phone in the Regina Video-conference Suite is 306-585-4204
- BCAL Reconstruction Issues
- BCAL Reconstruction Algorithms
- Will to check whether second cluster appears mostly in the outer layers, due to the "curving" of the shower.
- Will to turn off noise in the code and recheck his DeltaPhi and DeltaZ cuts.
- Action Items
- Talk at the Collaboration Meeting
- Discuss and prioritize the Reconstruction Issues and produce a timetable for the work.
- Any other business
Attendees: David (JLab), Will Levine (CMU), Andrei, Zisis (Regina)
We discussed the current state of the BCAL reconstruction and issues that Will is currently working on.
- Dark hits nd thresholds
- Will noted that the the outer layer was not having dark-hit-only events written out. In addition a 30 MeV threshold was being placed on hits that was supplemental to the electronic threshold
We also discussed issues that need to be addressed prior to the next data challenge:
- dark hits (remove 30MeV thresh.)
- fADC Timing (make it match algorithm used in FPGA
- Include Will's clustering improvements
- Tweak the BCAL to track matching
It was noted that the BCAL tends to reconstruct many clusters from charged hadrons. This is a continuing issue. A review of the reconstruction uncertainties should be done to make sure they are being calculated correctly.
- Put FPGA algorithm for time extraction into mcsmear