BCAL Reconstruction Meeting 2013-07-25
Teleconference Time: 11:15 a.m. EDT
- ESNET (Number is 8542553) and EVO session (GlueX Calorimetry meeting room)
- Phone connection only upon request.
- +1-866-740-1260 : US+Canada
- +1-303-248-0285 : International
- then enter participant code: 3421244# (remember the "#").
- or www.readytalk.com (and code without the #)
Participant Direct Lines
- JLab Phone: in CC F326 is 757-269-6460 (usual room)
- JLab Phone in CC L207 is 757-269-7084
- Phone in the Regina Video-conference Suite is 306-585-4204
- BCAL Reconstruction Issues
- BCAL Reconstruction Algorithms
- Will to check whether second cluster appears mostly in the outer layers, due to the "curving" of the shower.
- Will to turn off noise in the code and recheck his DeltaPhi and DeltaZ cuts.
- Introduce FPGA timing algorithm to derive hit times from fADC
- Action Items
- Discuss and prioritize the Reconstruction Issues and produce a timetable for the work.
- Any other business
Attendees: Will (CMU), David, George Vas. (JLab), Andrei, Zisis (Regina)
- Action Items:
- No. 4: Noise wasn't being generated properly; Will fixed it. The effect of the fix was the the noise was coming mostly from the outer layers. These need to be treated separately, and employ special condition, because the have no TDCs, among others. It was agreed that the conditions would be gathered on the Wiki.
- David reported that Shaun Dobbs presented the J/psi->e+e- issues with these betas hitting the BCAL, during the past Calorimeter Meeting.
- George presented some of his work. There was some discussion about whether secondaries were really turned off. Slide 4, top plot: 50% are in bin 0 and lost from the bottom plot. Slide 4 bottom: tail greater than 80 comes from weird averaging effect. Spike is due to extra clusters. Slide 4: spike at 400 is due to roundoff in the reconstruction of the position coming from timing info. Slide 6: radians are internal to the code. JANA ROOT artifact. Degrees should be printed to screen.
- Issues: 1) George needs to correct his acceptance to be 10-130 degrees in the BCAL. 2) z vs theta spikes at edges. 3) Use Will's tool for generating uniform theta. 4) Unified vs r and 5) Use newest version of code.
- Other notes: The pion plot is a dE/dX plot. Unified hit= no. of ADC hits having hits at both ends, and these count as 2x the no of individual hits. Fig 7 has splitoffs. Fig 8 is strange: lower peak in photon spectrum could be due to conversions in the target. Fig 9 shows a threshold effect in Layer 4 and dark hits.
Muons and neutrinos are placed in DMCThrown stack but can be identified in their using ParentID parameter.
- Discuss and prioritize the Reconstruction Issues and produce a timetable for the work: Not done.
- Any other business: Next meeting will be in August 15 (subsequently moved to the new time slot on Aug 20).