BCAL Reconstruction Meeting 2014-02-06

From GlueXWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Teleconference Time: 11:00 a.m. EDT

  • ESNET (Number is 8542553) and EVO session (GlueX Calorimetry meeting room)
  • Phone connection only upon request.
    • +1-866-740-1260 : US+Canada
    • +1-303-248-0285 : International
    • then enter participant code: 3421244# (remember the "#").
    • or www.readytalk.com (and code without the #)

Participant Direct Lines

  • JLab Phone: in CC F326 is 757-269-6460 (usual room)
  • JLab Phone in CC L207 is 757-269-7084
  • Phone in the Regina Video-conference Suite is 306-585-4204


  1. BCAL Reconstruction Issues
  2. BCAL Reconstruction Algorithms
  3. Will's reconstructed energy info

Action Items

  1. Introduce FPGA timing algorithm to derive hit times from fADC
  2. "Curvature effect": incorporate Andrei's and Irina's parametrization of this effect into the KLOE and IU codes and establish that this closes the gap in cluster handling between the two codes. (Who?)
  3. Start developing BDT variables for cluster handling in the BCAL Reconstruction. (All)
  4. Constants in code should be transferred to database; list of parameters for ccdb storage.


  1. Announcements
  2. Action Items
  3. Updates
  4. Any other business


Attendees: David. Yi, Mark D. (JLab), Christina, Stratos, Pavlos, George Vassileiadis (Athens), Sean (NWU), Andrei, Zisis (Regina)

  1. Announcements: David reported on Eugene's clarifications during the Hall-D meeting (Feb 5) on 6 FTE losses and the possible impact on Hall-D activities.
  2. Action Items: FPGA discussions continue. It appears that the CDC and FDC requirements for the f125 may not be identical, and so two versions of the firmware may be needed. Lubomir wants more data than what cosmics can provide, but we probably cannot afford to wait for beam to set the FDC constants. No progress has been made on the JANA toolkit updates to handle the sampling fraction and shower curvature tables.
  3. Updates: not much progress has occurred on the calibration effort. Elton has submitted comments on the BCAL document (GlueX-doc-2379) and Sean has replied. Over the next few weeks we will discuss these and Zisis will then make suitable changes to the document.
  4. Any other business:
    1. Hovannes needs input on the BCAL interlock conditions. Elton has made a draft of these and further input is sought.
    2. It was agreed that a few slides would be provided to Mark Ito to report during the offline session of the Feb 20-22 Collaboration meeting.
    3. Our next meeting will be on March 6.