BCAL Reconstruction Meeting 2014-06-12
Video Conferencing Information
Meeting Time: 11:15 a.m. EDT
- To join via a Web Browser, go to the page  https://bluejeans.com/907185247.
- To join via Polycom room system go to the IP Address: 220.127.116.11 (bjn.vc) and enter the meeting ID: 907185247.
- To join via phone, use one of the following numbers and the Conference ID: 907185247.
- US or Canada: +1 408 740 7256 or
- US or Canada: +1 888 240 2560
- Upon connection all microphones are automatically muted. To unmute your mike on a Polycom or equivalent unit, enter *4. Unmuting on a computer is trivial as there is a microphone button than can be clicked.
- More information on connecting to bluejeans is available.
Participant Direct Lines
- JLab Phone: in CC F326 is 757-269-6460 (usual room)
- JLab Phone in CC L207 is 757-269-7084
- Phone in the Regina Video-conference Suite is 306-585-4204
- "Curvature effect": incorporate Andrei's and Irina's parametrization of this effect into the KLOE and IU codes and establish that this closes the gap in cluster handling between the two codes. (Andrei/Irina)
- Start developing BDT variables for cluster handling in the BCAL Reconstruction. (Tegan)
- Constants in code should be transferred to database; list of parameters for ccdb storage.
- Action Items
- Any other business
Attendees: David (JLab), Andrei, Tegan, Zisis (Regina)
- Announcements: none
- Action Items: postpone discussion
- Reconstruction Plan: Our plan is to have Tegan walk through the single photon stuff before proceeding to the pions. Using the single photons, Tegan will re-create Will's steps towards the extraction of efficiencies and resolutions. In this regard, it would be helpful to have Will's scripts as a starting point, so that Tegan does not have to reinvent the wheel. Also, if there is code that is on Will's computer but not in svn, we should probably get it over to Tegan's machine and after our group is comfortable with the methods used we can agree to check in the relevant code and where applicable pull out constants.
- Any other business
- A discussion took place in connection to the HOWTO instructions on getting the GlueX software running. Mark Ito provided Zisis with the link to the build scripts and Regina will test it and give feedback. David will discuss "promoting" certain links on the Wiki to a more prominent role (once they have been checked to work) in order to make it easy for newcomers to hit the ground running.