Building a roof over src
What change is being proposed?
Move src to sim-recon/src
svn checkout https://halldsvn.jlab.org/repos/trunk/src
making a directory "src" in the local directory, we would do a
svn checkout https://halldsvn.jlab.org/repos/trunk/sim-recon
making a directory "sim-recon" that contains a "src" directory.
- everyone would have a directory with a standard name
- the tree itself would have a standard name, e. g. "First you check-out sim-recon"
- related: "src" is non-descriptive
- every package in the known world has a "src" directory
- there are other packages under trunk that do have descriptive names and might contain src directories
- allows a more descriptive tag, e. g. sim-recon-2010-04-01
- like root_5.25.02
- you can still "checkout trunk/sim-recon/src" if you really want to
- provides a natural home for "helper" directories, e. g., BMS, doc (this breaks previous item)
- Not what we are used to; will cause some amount confusion.
- Work will have to be done.
- If not now, then when?
- Should HALLD_HOME, HALLD_MY be renamed?
What about the name?
"sim-recon" is illustrative, could also be
- halld (as in HALLD_HOME)
- valparaiso (Paradise Valley)
- etc. (not literally)
- as opposed to "First you check-out src.", "Yes that's what I want to do, but what do I check-out?" (related video)