Charged Particle PID May 2007
Please edit this page! Write answers to the questions. Add more questions. Also please link any relevant technical document or talk to this page so we can use it as a resource during discussions.
- May 2007 PID Workshop
Charged Particle PID Questions
- What is needed to develop a simulation that accurately represents PID capability of GlueX?
- response of detector elements must be realistic
- reconstruction algorithms must exist for detectors (energy weighted mean time for BCAL, average time for TOF, etc.)
- other contributing errors (path length, start time, etc.) must be realistic
- How do we develop a standard to judge the performance of the GlueX PID system?
- What are the key strange reactions?
- What are the predicted cross sections with respect to non-strange backgrounds?
- status of Ckov studies (Eugene)
- What does Cherenkov or RICH provide?
- Do we need kaon ID outside of forward region?
- What is the impact of beam related backgrounds on these designs?
Full TOF (BCAL + TOF)
- analysis of timing resolution in BCAL test beam data (Blake)
- analysis of cosmic data (Christina)
- summary of beam test results for TOF bars (Alex)
- Alex's Mar-07 Talk (GlueX-doc 773)
- Ryan's Apr-06 Talk (GlueX-doc 634)
- Report of TRIUM TOF Tests (GlueX-doc 665)
- Ryan's sketch of TOF reconstruction (old)
- What input is needed to validate the detector response in the Monte Carlo?
- What is the status of the beam test/cosmic analysis?
- What is the status of the reconstruction algorithm in the MC regarding timing?
- How does the simulation model event start time?
- Can the tracking package provide track lengths with realistic errors?
- For each detector, what is the dominant contribution to the TOF resolution?
- status of dE/dx in simulation (Curtis)
- Is energy deposition in CDC cells appropriately modeled?
- Is the response of the charge integrating electronics realistic, especially for forward tracks with large path lengths within a cell?
- Is dE/dx even relevant for (higher momentum) forward tracks.
- Can the tracking package provide path length within a cell?
- What is the status of an algorithm to convert dE/dx for cells on a track to a likelihood for a specific particle?
- division of labor among PID systems (Alex)
- status of kinematic fitting package (Matt)
- How much does strangeness counting help global PID?
- What is the procedure for combing information from various PID systems?
- Do we want to combine into a single likelihood for a particular charged track?
- Do we combine that likelihood with a χ2 quantity from a kinematic fit?
- What detector level information needs to be made available in order to begin kinematic fitting?
- uniform representation of kinematic data
- accurate error matrices
- realistic model of tagger precision