Controls Meeting 23-Jan-2014
- Minutes from previous meeting Controls Meeting 9-Jan-2014
- UPS requirements for Hall D
- Total maximum power consumed by PLC, location in the hall (Dave)
- Total maximum power consumed by solenoid controls, location in the hall (Yi)
- Total maximum power consumed by motor controls, location in the hall (Hovanes)
- Total maximum power consumed by network switches, location in the hall (Hovanes)
- Expected power usage and required time duration during power failure for PLC device (Dave)
- Expected power usage and required time duration during power failure for solenoid controls (Yi)
- Expected power usage and required time duration during power failure for motor controls (Hovanes)
- Expected power usage and required time duration during power failure for network switches (Hovanes)
9:30AM Thurs 23-Jan-2014 CC A110
Present: Mark S., Jonathan, Elton, Orlando, Scot, Dave B., Eugene, Hovanes
- Hovanes will be organizing the slow controls meetings. The meetings will be held biweekly. The scope of the meeting will need to be better defined,needs to be coordinated with Tim.
- Orlando Soto from Chile is visiting us for 6 months. He will be working with Hovanes and Elton on BCAL slow controls.
- According to 12GeV schedule, we need to procure or install UPS systems in the Hall and the tagger Hall. While the tagger hall has a single location where a UPS will need to be placed, Hall D may require UPS power outlets at various locations.
- We need to define the total maximum power required for each location to be able to define the circuit.
- We need to estimated the power consumption and the required duration by the subsystems requiring backup power during actual outage.
- Hovanes asked people working on slow controls components to define the UPS requirements by the next slow controls meeting (2 weeks).
- Jonathan will work with Dave and Yi to define the solenoid needs for UPS power.
- Dave already had a list of the PLC equipment installed in the hall with the power ratings, he will need to come up with estimates of the power consumption during power outages.
- Hovanes will define the UPS requirements for the motorized applications and for the network switches in the hall. Eugene pointed out that the motorized application in the hall may not need to be on UPS, but it needs to be considered.
- Hall D solenoid UPS requirements (Jonathan, Dave)
- PLC equipment (+target) requirements for UPS (Dave)
- Motor-based applications' requirements for UPS (Hovanes)
- Network switches requirements for UPS (Hovanes)