FADC Data Format February 3, 2015
Location and Time
Room: CC F228??
(if problems, call phone in conference room: 757-269-6460 might not be the correct number)
- To join via Polycom room system go to the IP Address: 126.96.36.199 (bjn.vc) and enter the meeting ID: 589693655.
- To join via a Web Browser, go to the page  https://bluejeans.com/589693655.
- To join via phone, use one of the following numbers and the Conference ID: 589693655
- US or Canada: +1 408 740 7256 or
- US or Canada: +1 888 240 2560
Specific instructions for connecting via polycom:
- Turn polycom on if necessary
- With the polycom, place a call at 188.8.131.52
- Press # to enable the polycom keypad, then enter the meeting id: 589693655 and #
- You may have to unmute the microphone: #*4
- Turn the computer on if needed
- Previous meeting (Jan 27, 2015)
- Status of FADC125 Firmware
- Timing algorithm - updated to include latest revisions
- fADC125 Data Format Specification Document
- Data format for 250 modes on fADC125 from Cody, Aug 15 2014
- FA250 modes 2 from Ed and Hai, Feb 18 2014
- FIRMWARE for FADC250 Ver2 ADC FPGA, Sept 2014?
- CDC readout needs Garfield calcs
- CDC_run_985 CDC_run_970
Present: Naomi (CMU), Beni, David, Cody, Lubomir, Sergey (JLab)
- Cody has incorporated Naomi's new module into the FA125 firmware and it synthesized successfully, there are a few other issues to sort out but the timing module looked ok, he will try the q>0 test pulses in simulation and then return to working on the architecture.
- Naomi updated the CDC_algo wiki page to be consistent with the new code which Cody has and the C++ code sent to David. This will next be moved into the format document. She is working on producing some illustrative plots. We discussed the error code table a little.
- Cody is still working on the FA250-modified firmware regarding the trigger times. There are limitations on the shortest interval between trigger times in multi-block mode which depend on the data mode and window size, he will try to quantify these, and needs to set up a separate simulator. He asked if we need to record high rate data in raw mode; Beni and David answered yes, one of the goals of the next run period is high-speed writing to tape, aiming for 15kHz with < 50% deadtime.
- The FA250-modified firmware now writes one set of trigger time header words for each module and each event. Previously it was 12 sets for each module per event. David: event size for mode 7 data was about 69kB for everything in the 2014 commissioning run. Applying corrections based on the recent and upcoming firmware tweaks should put it at about 24kB. The goal is 15kB and we should be able to achieve that outside the firmware, using secondary readout lists is a possibility.
- The faulty FA125s have been replaced and the CDC now has all 3522 channels working.
- Beni will let us know if he needs anything for the collaboration meeting talk.