FADC Data Format October 14, 2014
Location and Time
Room: CC F228
(if problems, call phone in conference room: 757-269-6460)
- To join via Polycom room system go to the IP Address: 18.104.22.168 (bjn.vc) and enter the meeting ID: 589693655.
- To join via a Web Browser, go to the page  https://bluejeans.com/589693655.
- To join via phone, use one of the following numbers and the Conference ID: 462136260
- US or Canada: +1 408 740 7256 or
- US or Canada: +1 888 240 2560
- More information on connecting to bluejeans is available.
- Previous meeting (Oct 1, 2014)
- Status of FADC125 Firmware
- Readout of integration period for pedestal subtraction
- fADC125 Data Format Specification Document
- Data format for 250 modes on fADC125 from Cody, Aug 15 2014
- FA250 modes 2 from Ed and Hai, Feb 18 2014
- FIRMWARE for FADC250 Ver2 ADC FPGA, Sept 2014?
- CMU timing algorithm - details updated
- CDC readout needs Garfield calcs
Present: Naomi (CMU), Beni, Cody, David, Lubomir, Mike, Sergey (JLab)
- FADC125 status
- The latest firmware is now on all the fADCs. Beni is still finding errors when a fADC module does not read out when triggered and then the data appears after a later trigger. This happens mostly but not entirely with ROC FDC9, sometimes straight away, and sometimes after collecting 1000's of events. It happened only a few times with the earlier firmware+library where only mode 1 was available, much more often with the later firmware+library with all the data modes available but the code for the other data modes were always in the firmware (just not implemented in the library) so the routing through the FPGA was unchanged; also there was a power outage in the hall before the new firmware was loaded.
- Cody will talk to Bryan about implementing a reset for all the boards after a sync event from CODA.
- The signals can be watched on the board using chipscope, Cody and Sergey will try to do this before the hall closes on Friday.
- Cody: FADC serial numbers.
- Integration time in 250 firmware
- A more detailed manual has recently appeared for the FA250 firmware. FIRMWARE for FADC250 Ver2 ADC FPGA, Sept 2014? We should all read through it and make a list of what we need to improve.
- Mode 7 (the integral + time + pedestal) outputs the half-peak time, not the threshold crossing time TC. (according to FA250 modes 2 from Ed and Hai, Feb 18 2014 page 4 para 1)
- It is not clear how best to adapt this for the CDC signal integrals. Integration starts at the threshold crossing time TC (which is not read out), and stops either at NSA samples after TC, or at the end of the trigger window, whichever comes first.
- Cody will check in the firmware to see if NSA+NSB is really limited to a max of 63 samples (not enough for the CDC).