February 2009 Tutorial
The purpose of this tutorial session will be to give an introduction to using the Hall-D simulation and reconstruction software. It is open to anyone either inside or outside the GlueX collaboration that has an interest in doing physics inside Hall-D. The tutorial will cover the basics of:
- How to get a copy of the code and compile it.
- How to configure it to best suit your specific task and run the simulation(s).
- What reconstruction is available and how to use it to get the answers you seek.
The tutorial will consist of a few talks with room for questions/discussion in a single afternoon. The total time for the tutorial will be about 3 hours.
Location and Time
The tutorial will take place:
DATE: Friday Feb. 27, 2009
TIME: 1:30pm EST (i.e. JLab time).
LOCATION: CEBAF Center F326-327
People can participate remotely via video conference or telephone. It is recommended, however, that if you connect via video conference that you have a speakerphone available in case the audio connection is poor. Slides for the talks themselves are linked into the agenda below.
To connect by telephone: 1.) dial:
800-377-8846 : US 888-276-7715 : Canada 302-709-8424 : International
2.) enter participant code: 39527048# (remember the "#")
EVO: We will have an EVO connection which will be available in the GlueX community
ESNET: We will also be on ESNET at 8542553 This will be bridged in with the EVO meeting.
- General Introduction to Hall-D Software - David L.
- Running the Beamline and Detector Simulations - Alex S.
- Photon reconstruction - Mihajlo K.
- Charged Particle Tracking and Parametric MC - Mark I.
Offline Software wiki page where you'll find, among other things, several HOWTO pages including:
- HOWTO get started with Hall-D Software
- HOWTO get started with Hall-D Software on the JLab CUE
- HOWTO to generate electromagnetic background
- HOWTO visually inspect the simulation geometry
Please direct any questions to David Lawrence <davidl@ jlab.org>