GlueX Collaboration Meeting
September 10, 11 and 12, 2009 at Carnegie Mellon University
The following template has been set up to allow people to identify what needs to be presented at the meeting. It has been roughly broken out by working group with suggestions for topics within each group. The working group chairs should work on adding the relevant talks with an estimated time (including questions) and the speaker's name. If there is a talk that does not fit into this template, please add it at the bottom.
Everyone participating in the collaboration meeting whether in person at JLab or remotely via electronic media are encouraged to register. One can register on the Registration Page
To see who else will be attending either in person or via electronic media, please see the Current List of Participants Page
Room: Mellon Institute Social Room - all sessions will take place in this room. Mellon Institute, 4400 5th Ave., Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, PA, 15213. You can download a map of the CMU campus. Mellon Institute is building number 14 on the map.
The Mellon Institute is a large classic building on the corner of 5th Avenue and South Bellefield Ave. which houses the Chemistry and Biology Departments. The entrance is on S. Bellefield and the Mellon Social Room is just inside the entrance to the left. There is a parking garage on South Ditheridge, which is one block east of Bellefield (the other side of the Mellon Institute). Mellon is within easy walking distance of several hotels.
Lodging: - Mention Carnegie Mellon Physics and book by August 21.
|hotel name||phone number||address||distancie||price/night|
|Holiday Inn Select||(412) 682-6200||100 Lyton Ave.||4 blocks|
|Wyndham Gardens||(412) 683-2040||3454 Forbes Avenue||10 blocks|
Airport: Pittsburgh International Airport [PIT] - 22 miles.
Directions: Just google it for directions from "Pittsburgh International Airport" to "4400 5th Ave. 15213". A taxi from the airport will cost about $45.00. There is also a shuttle that runs to the Holiday Inn for about $20.00 and the Port Authority Bus, the 28X (Flyer) stops almost in Front of the Wyndham.
Parking: There is a parking garage on S. Dithridge St., which is on the east side of Mellon Institute. Both hotels are an easy walk to Mellon Institute, so if you have a car, you may consider leaving it at your hotel.
Meals: Coffee will be served in the conference room each morning of the meeting at 8:30. Coffee will also be served during the afternoon sessions. A number of options on near Mellon Institute are available for lunch and dinner.
Local Network Connections
- All local connections will be via the Carnegie Mellon University wireless system. If you email curtis the MAC address of your machine prior to the meeting, it should be registered when you arrive.
- ESNET: 8542553
- EVO: Room Booked under GlueX, entitled GlueX Collaboration Meeting
- EVO telephone bridge -- see Remote Access Instructions for Collaboration Meeting, September 10-12, 2009 for detailed instructions for connecting to EVO.
- +1-800-377-8846 : US
- +1-888-276-7715 : Canada
- +1-302-709-8424 : International
- then enter participant code: 77438230# (remember the "#")
Talks on the DocDB
|The DocDB talk-upload template for the May 2009 Collaboration Meeting can be found here:
Upload your talks at the link above and then edit the agenda below to enter the appropriate link to your talk based on its DocDB document number.
Example (from the May 2008 meeting):
Thursday September 10, 2009
- 8:30 Sesion Ia (75) --- Opening Session/Project Update - (Organizer: C. Meyer) Chair: George Lolos
- 10:00 (30) Coffee
- 10:30 Session Ib (135) --- Calorimetry - (Organizer: Z. Papandreou) Chair: Simon Taylor
- 12:45 (90) Lunch
- 14:30 Session IIa (120) --- Beam line and Tagger - (Organizer: R. Jones) Chair: Beni Zihlmann
- 15:50 (15) Coffee
- 17:15 Session IIb (90) --- Collaboration Board Meeting - Chair: Matt Shepherd
Friday September 11, 2009
- 9:00 Session IIIa (120) --- Tracking - (Organizer: C. Meyer) Chair: Zisis Papandreou
- 10:35 (25) Coffee
- 11:00 (30) --- Tracking Update - David Lawrence
- 11:30 Session IIIb (90) --- TOF/PID - (Organizer: W. Boeglin) Chair: Mark Ito
- 12:40 (90) Lunch
- 14:10 Session IVa (95) --- Electronics/Trigger/Monitoring/Controls - (Organizer: E. Wolin) Chair: Dave Lawrence
- 15:45 Coffee (30)
- 16:15 Session IVb (45) --- Offline/Monte Carlo - (Organizer: M. Ito) Chair: Elliott Wolin
- 16:15 (45) --- Software Status -- Mark Ito
- 17:00 --- Adjourn
- 19:00 --- Collaboration Dinner at Local Restaurant
Saturday September 12, 2009
- 9:00 Session Va (60) --- Engineering - (Organizer: C. Meyer) Chair: Eugene Chudakov
- 10:00 (90) Session Vb (90) --- Physics - (Organizer: R. Mitchell) Chair: M. Shepherd
- 11:00 Coffee (15)
- 13:05 Lunch (20)
- 13:25 Session Vc (60) --- Business Meeting - (Organizer C.A. Meyer) Chair: G. Lolos