GlueX Data Challenge Meeting, October 22, 2012
GlueX Data Challenge Meeting
Monday, October 22, 2012
1:30 pm, EDT
JLab: CEBAF Center, F326/327
- tagged release for DC-1
- Status and role of raw data tape simulation
- Minutes from last time
- Setting conditions for DC-1
- JLab Farm Mini-Challenge Status
- Grid status
- CMU status
To connect from the outside:
- Call ESNET Number 8542553 (this is the preferred connection method).
- Phone: (should not be needed)
- +1-866-740-1260 : US and Canada
- +1-303-248-0285 : International
- then use participant code: 3421244# (the # is needed when using the phone)
- or www.readytalk.com
- then type access code 3421244 into "join a meeting" (you need java plugin)
- CMU: Paul Mattione, Curtis Meyer
- JLab: Eugene Chudakov, Mark Ito (chair), David Lawrence, Elliott Wolin
- UConn: Richard Jones
- Mark has tagged a release of sim-recon for use in the first data challenge. The plan is to also use the previously tagged HDDS-1.3.
- Elliott announced that he and David are working on raw-data-from-simulation. Many pieces are there, but it does not look close enougfh to include in this next data challenge.
Minutes from last time
We reviewed the minutes from the October 8th meeting. We noted that Curtis wrote to IT division requesting a 50% share of the farm, and the request has been approved, at least in principle. Right now, about a third of the processing power of the farm resided in new nodes running CentOS6 and are lightly used and so we effectively have a good chunk of what we requested.
Setting conditions for DC-1
Mark proposed making a directory in the Subversion repository to document conditions for the software. It would have a text document calling out the versions to be used and the actual configuration files to be read by the various programs. He will propose a location.
Richard will construct a gridmake file that will determine the configuration to be run on the grid. He requested a simple wiki page with the relevant information, a sensible idea.
We discussed some details and came to some decisions.
- We will simulate events from the coherent peak between 8.4 and 9.0 GeV only.
- We will not apply any level 1 trigger algorithm to the "raw data" but David will modify the REST format to encode the result of the level 1 plug-in. This must be done during the reconstruction stage since the result depends on the raw hits.
- Paul will work on a plug-in to make simple monitoring histograms during reconstruction so we have a handle on the results of each output file without further analysis. Mark had planned to use the output of the phystree plug-in, but that is likely more data than we need for this purpose.
- JLab Mark has started a mini-challenge on the JLab farm using the tagged version and the new farm nodes.
- CMU Paul has built the new tagged version. He will run some jobs with it.
- Grid Richard will wait for the final decision on versions and then create the corresponding gridmake package.