GlueX Data Challenge Meeting, September 10, 2012
GlueX Data Challenge Meeting
Monday, September 10, 2012
1:30 pm, EDT
JLab: CEBAF Center, F326/327
- Minutes from last time
- JLab Farm Mini-Challenge Status
- Volatile disk reserve back to 10 TB
- Tape volume set will expand as necessary
- OSG Challenge Status
- Collaboration Meeting
To connect from the outside:
- Call ESNET Number 8542553 (this is the preferred connection method).
- Phone: (should not be needed)
- +1-866-740-1260 : US and Canada
- +1-303-248-0285 : International
- then use participant code: 3421244# (the # is needed when using the phone)
- or www.readytalk.com
- then type access code 3421244 into "join a meeting" (you need java plugin)
- CMU: Curtis Meyer
- EVO: Matt Shepherd
- FSU: Nathan Sparks
- JLab: Eugene Chudakov, Mark Ito (chair), David Lawrence, Simon Taylor
- UConn: Richard Jones
JLab Farm Mini-Challenge Status
Mark presented the current status of the mini data challenge. See his wiki page for details. Nearly all of the 1000 data files have been generated and reconstructed, although there were failures in a few percent of them. He outlined the future work left to do. He will be starting another run soon.
Mark noted that our volatile disk reservation has been restored to 10 TB its recent value of 2 TB.
Also the tape volume set we are using for the mini data challenges will expand automatically as more output data is written. If our use becomes significant, we may be asked to purchase tapes for the library.
Event Size and Truth Information
Richard reported on event size and a study of how much of that size is Monte Carlo information that will not be present in the real raw data. So far he has looked at b1pi events with a 9 GeV incident photon. The full event size is 117 kB. If he strips out all of the readily recognizable truth information the size reduces to 55 kB. He cautions that this last number almost certainly contains residual truth information, but is likely not dominated by this component. He also noted that the mcsmear step inflates the event size by about 40% with no stripping performed, before or after.
Richard will give a status report on GlueX use of the OSG at the collaboration meeting.