GlueX Offline Meeting, April 19, 2017
GlueX Offline Software Meeting
Wednesday, April 19, 2017
11:00 am EDT
JLab: CEBAF Center F326/327
- Review of minutes from the last meeting (all)
- Collaboration Meeting, May 15-17
- Comparing HDGeant with HDGeant4 (Sean)
- MCwrapper (Thomas) quick reference
- Review of recent pull requests (all)
- Review of recent discussion on the Gluex Software Help List.
- Action Item Review
- The BlueJeans meeting number is 968 592 007 .
- Join the Meeting via BlueJeans
Talks can be deposited in the directory
/group/halld/www/halldweb/html/talks/2017 on the JLab CUE. This directory is accessible from the web at https://halldweb.jlab.org/talks/2017/ .
- CMU: Naomi Jarvis, Mike Staib
- FIU: Mahmoud Kamel
- Glasgow: Peter Pauli
- JLab: Alex Austregesilo, Amber Boehnlein, Thomas Britton, Eugene Chudakov, Hovanes Egiyan, Sergey Furletov, Mark Ito (chair), David Lawrence, Paul Mattione, Dmitry Romanov, Sascha Somov, Nathan Sparks, Simon Taylor, Beni Zihlmann
- NU: Sean Dobbs
- Yerevan: Hrach Marukyan
There is a recording of this meeting on the BlueJeans site. Use your JLab credential to access it.
- HDPM 0.6.1 released Nathan: bug fixes, hd_utilities standard part of release now.
- Run GlueX software under Windows Dmitry: seems to work just fine.
- New policy for Monte Carlo calibrations Sean: we need a way to separate calibrations meant for HDGeant from those meant for HDGeant4.
Review of minutes from the last meeting
We look at the minutes from the meeting on March 22.
- Sean has been using the new features of SWIF reported last time. They seem to work.
- The change that David proposed to plugin linking is now on the master branch.
- The meeting on contribution of university resources to the OSG was held on March 31. The next steps have been identified.
- HDDS geometry is now available from the CCDB by setting the appropriate value of JANA_GEOMETRY_URL in recent builds. Simon is working on bring the geometry up-to-date for the Spring 2017 data taking.
Collaboration Meeting Planning
We discussed the agenda for the offline software section of the Collaboration Meeting coming up May 15-17. The current thinking goes like this:
- 9:00 Session IIb (100) --- Analysis/Offline/Calibration - (Organizer: Sean Dobbs) - Chair: Nathan Sparks
- 9:00 (20) --- Offline Software Status --- Mark Ito
- 9:20 (20) --- Calibration Updates --- Sean Dobbs
- 9:40 (20) --- Data Processing Update --- Alex Austregesilo
- 10:00 (10) --- SWIF Status --- Chris Larrieu
- 10:10 (20) --- GlueX/OSG Status --- Richard Jones
- 10:30 (20) --- Hdgeant4 tuning ---
Comparing HDGeant with HDGeant4
Sean summarized the status of recent comparisons of simulation from HDGeant versus those from HDGeant4. He has made a log book entry with links to plots comparing results from the monitoring histograms. He has also opened an issue on GitHub on the topic of FCAL timing. Elton, Simon, and David are also making comparisons for charged tracks, especially those in the forward direction. Elton posted a message on this on the Software Help list.
Thomas gave a live demo of feature of this that provides a front-end to the complete simulation and reconstruction chain. See his slides for the details and view his demo in the recording starting at 33:10. There is also documentation on the GitHub wiki for the hd_utilities repository.
Review of recent pull requests
David brought attention to his pull request that should now allow us to build sim-recon without a build of the EVIO library.