GlueX Offline Meeting, February 22, 2017
GlueX Offline Software Meeting
Wednesday, February 22, 2017
11:00 am EST
JLab: CEBAF Center F326/327
- Short-term advantage to switching to centos7
- OSG submit host mounted in rack (Mark)
- Public HDGeant4 build at JLab (Mark)
- Review of minutes from the last meeting (all)
- One-Step sim-recon build (Mark)
- Review of recent pull requests (all)
- Review of recent discussion on the Gluex Software Help List.
- Action Item Review
- The BlueJeans meeting number is 968 592 007 .
- Join the Meeting via BlueJeans
Talks can be deposited in the directory
/group/halld/www/halldweb/html/talks/2017 on the JLab CUE. This directory is accessible from the web at https://halldweb.jlab.org/talks/2017/ .
- CMU: Will McGinley
- FIU: Mahmoud Kamel
- JLab: Alex Austregesilo, Marouen Baalouch, Thomas Britton, Brad Cannon, Mark Ito (chair), David Lawrence, Nathan Sparks, Simon Taylor, Beni Zihlmann
- UConn: Richard Jones
- Yerevan: Hrach Marukyan
There is a recording of this meeting on the BlueJeans site.
- Mark repeated his explanation of the short-term advantage to switching to CentOS7.
- Mark reported that the OSG submit host mounted has been mounted in its rack. OS installation is next.
- He also announced that there is a public build of HDGeant4 for CentOS7 at JLab.
Review of minutes from the last meeting
We reviewed the minutes from February 1.
- Thomas reported that the MCwrapper app has been checked into the hd_utilities repository on GitHub. Features to come: bggen and AmpTools event generation.
- We would like to end up with the official HDGeant4 repository owned by the GlueX Team on GitHub. Richard agreed to this configuration. Mark will think about details and announce a plan.
One-Step sim-recon build
Mark showed a screencast of a new method for users to build their own version of sim-recon on the JLab CUE. There are two parts:
clones the current master branch of sim-recon and builds it against the current default versions of the other pre-requisite packages.