GlueX Offline Meeting, February 4, 2015
GlueX Offline Software Meeting
Wednesday, February 4, 2015
1:30 pm EST
JLab: CEBAF Center F326/327
- Run Control/Conditions Database aka RCDB (Dmitry)
- Review of minutes from January 21 (all)
- Collaboration Meeting Agenda
- Data Challenge 3
- Software Review Preparations
- Commissioning Run Review:
- Offline Monitoring Report (Kei)
- Commissioning-branch-to-trunk migration (Simon)
- Handling changing magnetic field settings (Sean)
- Data Management (Sean)
- Action Item Review
- The BlueJeans meeting number is 968 592 007 .
- Join the Meeting via BlueJeans
Talks can be deposited in the directory
/group/halld/www/halldweb/html/talks/2015 on the JLab CUE. This directory is accessible from the web at https://halldweb.jlab.org/talks/2015/ .
- CMU: Curtis Meyer
- IU: Matt Shepherd
- JLab: Alex Barnes, Sergey Furletov, Mark Ito (chair), David Lawrence, Paul Mattione, Eric Pooser, Sascha Somov, Nathan Sparks, Simon Taylor, Beni Zihlmann
- MEPhI: Dmitry Romanov
- MIT: Justin Stevens
- NU: Sean Dobbs
- Mark reported that a CentOS 6.5 node (ifarm1401) has been added to the nightly build. Matt had reported a problem with this OS at JLab; the JLab locations of CERNLIB and ROOT needed to be added.
- David led us through an email he sent concerning updates to the DAQ and TTAB libraries.
- Dmitry has released CCDB 1.04. Mark built it on the CUE, although the only functional changes are in the CCDB command line interface.
- Richard Jones checked in a fix to the older C-style HDDM API to accommodate large BCAL arrays in mcsmear.
Run Control Database (RCDB)
Dmitry presented slides describing the RCDB. It was originally designed to store configuration files for the data acquisition system, but also can store other run-oriented data. It was in service during the Fall run, but did not get a lot of use. He described the general structure and capabilities. See his slides for details.
Paul has a list of items that he would like to store in the database. David is willing to help with putting values into the RCDB from the online systems.
Handling Changing Magnetic Field Settings
Sean outlined the new scheme for getting the magnetic field into JANA. Before now the file with the field had to be specified on the command line. Now the CCDB stores a pointer to the JANA resource (which is the file) and will load the correct one depending on the run.