GlueX Offline Meeting, November 9, 2016
GlueX Offline Software Meeting
Wednesday, November 9, 2016
2:00 pm EST
JLab: CEBAF Center F326/327
- Review of minutes from the last meeting (all)
- Launches (Paul M./Alex A.)
- Software Review
- Review of recent pull requests (all)
- Review of recent discussion on the Gluex Software Help List.
- Action Item Review
- The BlueJeans meeting number is 968 592 007 .
- Join the Meeting via BlueJeans
Talks can be deposited in the directory
/group/halld/www/halldweb/html/talks/2016 on the JLab CUE. This directory is accessible from the web at https://halldweb.jlab.org/talks/2016/ .
- CMU: Naomi Jarvis
- JLab: Alexander Austregesilo, Thomas Britton, Brad Cannon, Eugene Chudakov, Mark Ito (chair), Nacer Hamdi, David Lawrence, Hrachya Marukyan, Paul Mattione, Curtis Meyer, Nathan Sparks, Simon Taylor
- MIT: Cris Fanelli
- NU: Sean Dobbs
There is a recording of this meeting on the BlueJeans site.
- Open competition of new Geant4 logo. David brought our attention to this. Enter early and enter often!
- HDGeant4 update. Richard Jones reported that all detectors are now giving hits in HDGeant4, with the exception of the TPOL and the DIRC (which were also missing in HDGEANT). Geant4 is already built by HDPM. Mark will add it to the standard packages in build_scripts as well.
Alex showed the information page for the latest reconstruction launch. It started last Friday. Previous to that there was work testing software and calibrations.
Tests were done with the CentOS7 farm nodes, but 50-70% of the jobs failed. There appears to be a bug with the Lustre driver on the new nodes. The launch is running on CentOS6.
The review starts tomorrow. Curtis, Paul, and David are giving talks. GlueX Note 3108: Production and Analysis of GlueX Data has been sent to the committee as 50 pages worth of supplementary reading material.