GlueX Offline Meeting, October 5, 2010
GlueX Offline Software Meeting
Tuesday, October 5, 2010
2:00 pm EDT
JLab: CEBAF Center F326/7
To connect by telephone:
- 800-377-8846 : US
- 888-276-7715 : Canada
- 302-709-8424 : International
- enter participant code: 77438230# (remember the "#")
- ESNet: 8542553
- Meeting URL: http://evo.caltech.edu/evoNext/koala.jnlp?meeting=eneueMv8v9aiava2In
- Phone Bridge ID: 2194486
Talks can be deposited in the directory
/group/halld/www/halldweb/html/talks/2010-10 on the JLab CUE (you have to be a member of the "halld" Unix group). This directory is accessible from the web at https://halldweb.jlab.org/talks/2010-10/ .
- Wiki page, Weekly Tests of GlueX Software: Mark
- Review of minutes from the last meeting: all
- Calibration Database update: Dmitry
- Action Item Review: all
- To view these links, login first. Anonymous login is available.
Present: Craig Bookwalter, Hovanes Egiyan, Mark Ito (chair), Dmitry Romanov, Sasha Somov, Simon Taylor, Elliott Wolin, Beni Zilhmann
- Mark called our attention to a new wiki page, Weekly Tests of GlueX Software, that documents some details of the deployment of David's b1pi script to run automatically on a weekly basis.
Review of Last Meeting's Minutes
We reviews the minutes of the September 21 meeting. No comments of note.
Calibration Database update
Dmitry reported on progress he has made on the database since the last meeting. See his slides for details. Some highlights:
- He is planning to use the native-to-MySQL "Connector C++" API to interface with the dabase for the C++ code in favor of the ROOT database interface.
- The database tables have been created.
- The C++ representation of the database objects is done.
- The access/service routines have been started.
- He is planning on starting work on
- command-line tools
- web representation
- Python integration
Action Item Review
We went over recently completed and oustanding issues using the Mantis pages. See