GlueX Offline Meeting, September 6, 2017
GlueX Offline Software Meeting
Wednesday, September 6, 2017
11:00 am EDT
JLab: CEBAF Center F326/327
- Automatic builds on new pull request working again (Mark)
- Build of tagged versions of mcsmear development branch (Mark, Sean)
- New HDGeant4: 1.4.0 and new version set version_2.15.1 (Mark)
- Building Private Versions of GlueX Software: my sim-recon.sh (Mark)
- mcwrapper 1.8 (Thomas)
- ccdb_reduce.py (David)
- New Material Maps added to CCDB (David)
- Review of minutes from the last meeting (all)
- Review of recent pull requests (all)
- Review of recent discussion on the GlueX Software Help List (all)
- Action Item Review
- The BlueJeans meeting number is 968 592 007 .
- Join the Meeting via BlueJeans
Talks can be deposited in the directory
/group/halld/www/halldweb/html/talks/2017 on the JLab CUE. This directory is accessible from the web at https://halldweb.jlab.org/talks/2017/ .
- FIU : Mahmoud Kamel
- Glasgow : Peter Pauli
- JLab : Thomas Britton, Eugene Chudakov, Sebastian Cole, Sergey Furletov, Mark Ito (chair), David Lawrence, Dmitry Romanov, Simon Taylor, Beni Zihlmann
- MIT : Cris Fanelli
- Yerevan : Hrach Marukyan
There is a recording of this meeting on the BlueJeans site. Use your JLab credentials to access it.
- Automatic builds on new pull request working again. The technical difficulties were fixed.
- Build of tagged versions of mcsmear development branch Both v1.0 and v1.1 have been built at JLab now.
- New sim-recon release: 2.17.0 and new version set: version_2.15.0.xml This version of sim-recon allows use of RCDB 0.02 which in turn allows use of Sascha Somov's new trigger simulation code.
- New HDGeant4: 1.4.0 and new version set version_2.15.1 There are several changes to HDGeant4 in this version. The build was precipitated by the need fix the build to allow for inclusion of the new TAC library.
- Building Private Versions of GlueX Software: my_sim-recon.sh Mark wrote a wiki page describing a one-line command for installing sim-recon and other GlueX software packages.
- MCwrapper 1.8 Thomas ran down the new features listed in his announcement.
- ccdb_reduce.py David described the script to reduce the size of CCDB SQLite files according to user specifications. We discussed whether it should be included as part of the CCDB package. Dmitry will have a look at suitability.
New Material Maps added to CCDB
David described the new maps added to the system. For details and plots see his slides. Some highlights:
- The existing maps brought up-to-date with recent version of HDDS geometry.
- Additional maps needed for the charged pion polarization experiment have been added, including downstream detectors (TOF, FCAL, FMWPC (Muon Detector)).
- Methodology and approximation methods were discussed.
- Map generation procedure has been updated.