GlueX PID Meeting, August 6, 2010
Friday, August 6, 2010
2:00 pm EDT
JLab: CEBAF Center, Room F326/7
EVO: direct meeting link
Conference Group: 800-377-8846, participant code: 77438230
Slides: talks can be deposited in the directory
/group/halld/www/halldweb/html/talks/2010-08 on the JLab CUE (you have to be a member of the "halld" group). This directory is accessible from the web at https://halldweb.jlab.org/talks/2010-08/ .
- Minutes from the last meeting
- Prototype progress
- Status of the MOU
- Start Counter
- prototype status
- Status of the MOU
- Action Items
- FSU: Paul Eugenio
- JLab: Mark Ito (chair), Chris Keith, Sascha Somov, Simon Taylor, Beni Zihlmann
Review of minutes from the last meeting
We went over the minutes from the July 23 meeting.
- PMT purchase. Paul contacted Hamamatsu. The factory confirms the following delivery schedule:
- One base of each type ("select" and "select mod") by August 22.
- Remainder of order (3 more of each type) by September 27.
- FSU MOU: Paul's chair has signed the MOU and it has been sent to the Dean.
- Splitter discussion. We have not met to discuss this yet. Paul's recollection was that Fernando Barbosa will make a prototype passive splitter and send it to Paul for testing.
TOF prototype work
Paul gave a report.
- New trigger scheme. Sasha O. has started work on the new trigger scheme to read-out tagged ADC and TDC data.
- Purchasing wrapping material. Paul looked into buying more of the ESR material reported on at the last meeting. The official name of the product is DF2000MA and is made by 3M. The company is reluctant to sell it in large rolls, but their standard sizes are too small for our purposes. Paul is exploring the possibility of rough cut sheets, with a dimensions approximately those which we want to use.
- Lab space at FSU. Paul told us he is getting another new lab in the Nuclear Research Building for assembly, enough room to set up stations for the various tasks.