GlueX PID Meeting, May 4, 2021
Meeting time and day: 10:30 am, Tuesdays
- To join via a Web Browser, go to the page  https://bluejeans.com/927733173.
- To join via Polycom room system go to the IP Address: 184.108.40.206 (bjn.vc) and enter the meeting ID: 927733173.
- To join via phone, use one of the following numbers and the Conference ID: 927733173.
- US or Canada: +1 408 740 7256 or
- US or Canada: +1 888 240 2560
- Multivariate method
- CDC dE/dx
- PID systematics task force
- CDC dE/dx - Naomi presented the continuation of the previous meeting's dE/dx comparisons between measured and sim, using the CDC space-charge correction. The ratio between corrected measured and sim has little dependence on momentum, and dE/dx from amplitude is similar for p, K and pi (integral is more variable). She found the scaling factors necessary to match the measured corrected data to the sim. These are now in CCDB. The scaling factor is different for 2017 because the gains were calibrated differently (using an older simulation). The scaled corrected dE/dx is consistent between run periods and shows good agreement between measured and sim, except that the simulated resolution is too good.